Tuesday 29 March 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Last week I planned on participating as well, but the news of the attacks in Brussels made it feel too trivial to me and therefore difficult to concentrate on. I just wanted to follow the news instead of writing blog posts. Everyone I know is fine, but news like that still affects you in some way.

But now I'm back! This week's topic is ten of my most recent 5 star reads, and I'm really excited about this one! I've rated a few instalments of the same series five stars, but I'll only mention one book in of every series. So, without further ado, here is my top 10:

1. Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer


2. The Book of Ivy and The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel


3. The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1) by Marie Rutkoski 


4. Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo


5. Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard


6. Starflight (Starflight #1) by Melissa Landers



The next four books on this list, I actually read in December 2015:

7. Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1) by Grace Draven


I'm not sure if I now would rate this book 5 stars but when I read I just couldn't put it down!

8. Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Loved this one!

9. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens


My first Dickens! And I loved it! I definitely recommend A Christmas Carol as an introduction to Dickens!

10. Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2) by Ilona Andrews


Last year I fell in love with Ilona Andrews! I love the Kate Daniels series and the Innkeeper Chronicles, I haven't read any of their other series, but someday I will!


Which books did you rate 5 stars recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned? Let me know down below!

3 comments:

  1. 'A Christmas Carol' is the only Dickens I've read so far, I was surprised how easy to read it was! The Lunar Chronicles sound good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, but now I really want to read more Dickens! The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favourite YA series of all time, I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! There are some really amazing books I really recommend on there, so I hope you'll be able to get to some of them sometime!

    ReplyDelete