Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Each week bloggers post the books they purchased or received. These are all the books I acquired in April. At first I thought I didn't buy that many books but going back it does seem like a lot. I got thirteen books last month, seven of them were paperbacks, one hardback, four e-books and one free e-book.
1. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
I really need to read this series, I haven't heard a single bad thing about it! I'm really looking forward to this one!
2. The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
I've wanted this book since it came out! I'm so glad to finally own it!
3. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
The website showed a different cover, so I'm a little disappointed by it, but still, I'm glad to own it! Even though, it came with a little bit of damage.
4. Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson #4) by Patricia Briggs
I actually read this book right away when it came in the mail! I love the Mercy Thompson series!
5. Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson #5) by Patricia Briggs
I haven't read the fifth book in the series yet because I want to have a lot of free time to binge read the series and at that point, Easter break was over.
6. River Marked (Mercy Thompson #6) by Patricia Briggs
7. Murder of Crows (The Others #2) by Anne Bishop
I haven't read Written in Red yet, but I'm hoping to do so very soon! I can't wait!
8. The Arabian Nights translated by Richard Francis Burton
I actually got this as research for a paper I'm writing. I haven't read any of the stories yet, but it will happen soon! This is a gorgeous hardback though! And I got it for a reasonable price!
9. The Scam (Fox and O'Hare #4) by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
I wanted to read this book when it came out, however, the paperbacks are still very pricy! Still around 20 euros! Therefore I decided to pick up the e-book instead. The Scam was entertaining but it wasn't much more. If you enjoy this series, it is a must read, if you are have doubts about the series, I would probably advise you not to buy it.
10. On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
I really enjoyed this book! At first I was a little nervous about reading it but On the Island really won me over very fast! I highly recommend this one if you are looking for a fun romance novel! You can find my review of On the Island here.
11. Fall with Me (Wait for You #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
On the Island got me into the mood for more romance and since I got a discount, I bought this e-book and Sweet Ache. I haven't read this one yet. I'm kind of ashamed of this cover, though.
12. Sweet Ache (Driven #6) by K. Bromberg
I started reading this book, but I really couldn't get into it. I'm guessing my rare mood for reading romance novels was over.
13. A Necessary Sin (The Sin Trilogy #1) by Georgia Cates
I read a free e-book available on kobo.com. I have tried a few of those before, but those were frankly horrible. This one was surprising good for a free e-book and it gave me the idea to review some free e-books regularly. Let me know if that is something you would like to see on this blog! A review of this book is coming soon!
Which books did you get recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!