Wednesday 18 May 2016

Free E-book Reviews: A Necessary Sin (The Sin Trilogy #1) by Georgia Cates

Bleu MacAllister is consumed. A horrific childhood incident has caused every decision in her life to revolve around bringing a monster to justice. With years spent studying The Fellowship, an organized crime brotherhood of liars, thieves, and killers, Bleu will rely on her skills as a special agent to cut Thane Breckenridge off at the knees. But walking hand in hand with retribution means risking collateral damage, in the form of Breckenridge’s son Sinclair—until Sin becomes so much more than Bleu bargained for. She’s always known this undertaking would place her life in danger—she never imagined her heart would be as well.


-- Goodreads.com --




I read this book in April as a free e-book available on Kobo.com. It may still be available for free, if you're interested in checking it out. I have been in a bit of a romance mood after reading On the Island but I didn't really know what else to read. Then, I decided to check out the free e-books on Kobo.com and I found A Necessary Sin. I looked up the ratings and reviews on Goodreads.com and afterwards decided to read it.

I actually quite enjoyed it! Especially since it was a free e-book, because I've never read and enjoyed any of those before! A Necessary Sin has some flaws, naturally. The beginning was difficult for me to get through, as the writing style is not my favourite, but the action quickly starts a few chapters later and I started to enjoy the book after all. The characters and the plot could benefit from more development. I regret that this is a trilogy, I believe it would work much better as a standalone or duology, although I haven't read the rest of the books yet. Sin is a very interesting character with some surprising characteristics which made me like him even more. We get both perspectives from Bleu and Sin, so that was quite fun. I was hoping to like Bleu more, but she annoyed me at times.

The cover can be misleading. Yes, there is sex in this book, but it isn't very detailed. If you are looking for a very steamy book, then you might end up being disappointed. This is definitely more a romance than erotica novel, whatever Goodreads.com may say. A Necessary Sin is mainly about Bleu's mission and her developing romance with Sin which is something I really enjoyed. The mystery surrounding her mother's death was entertaining.

It did kind of end on a cliff-hanger, so I do want to know what will happen next. However, I'm not sure if I want to spend money on the rest of the books yet. Maybe if there's a discount...

This book was okay and if you can get it for free, I do recommend it, if not, however, I would only recommend if you really want to read it, based on the synopsis. If you would like to see me write more reviews on free e-books available then let me know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment