Saturday 13 May 2017

April Wrap Up

This is my (late) April wrap up. I read six books and three comics last month! 

1. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery



5 stars! I love Anne and I'm so ready to watch the Netflix show! Can't wait!

2. Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor



5 stars! This was the first book I finished during the Tome Topple Readathon and it was amazing! It's very likely this book will end up in my top ten favourite books of the year. I highly recommend this one!

3. Blankets by Craig Thompson



4 stars! This is a graphic novel over 500 pages and I also read this during the Tome Topple Readathon. I was a bit surprised it talked about religion that much but I really enjoyed it. 

During the Tome Topple Readathon I also started reading Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb but I only got 100 pages into it. Due to a busy schedule I decided to pick up a couple of shorter e-books instead:

4. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett 


5 stars! Loved this one! Perfect summer read! You can find my review here.

5. First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones



I usually love books from this genre but I was strangely disappointed by this one. I love the Kate Daniels and Mercy Thompson series but sadly I was kind of bored throughout this book. Not sure yet if I will continue with the series. Does it get better? 3 stars.

6. Wonder by R.J. Palacio



This was wonderful! 5 stars! This book is also getting adapted into a movie this year and I'm curious to see if the movie will live up to the book. This is a book for readers of all ages, I feel like you'll never be too old to read this.

7. Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 (Wires and Nerves, #1) by Marissa Meyer 


I'm a huge Lunar Chronicles fan so I just needed to read this comic continuation. I enjoyed it but I definitely prefer her novels (I have yet to read Heartless though). 4 stars.

8. A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab


The Shades of Magic trilogy is a series I came to love this year! I loved this ending but I still want to read more of these characters and these different Londons. 5 stars! This is now one of my favourite series, highly recommend it!

9. Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1) by John Allison



I loved this comic! Can't wait to read the sequel! I actually went to my comic book store but they didn't have it in stock, I hope bookdepository will deliver this one soon. 5 stars!


Which books have you recently read? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Leave your thoughts down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment