These are the books I read in October!
1. Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu
I started this at the end of September and finished last month. I really enjoyed this book! Probably my favourite Marie Lu book, highly recommend it! 5 stars!
2. How to Be Perfectly Unhappy by Matthew Inman
I got an arc of this comic/graphic novel from Netgalley and I would like to thank the publishers for this opportunity. You can read my review here. 3 stars.
3. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
This book was amazing! I loved every single page! Can't wait to read the next one! 5 stars! Highly, highly recommend! My absolute favourite read this month!
4. Faking It (Losing It, #2) by Cora Carmack
4 stars. Nice romance story.
5. A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell, #1) by Deanna Raybourn
3 stars. Mystery was okay but I felt there was something missing throughout the whole story. Veronica is a good character but did annoy me at times.
6. Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2) by Tsugumi Ohba
4 stars. Really enjoying this manga series! I have to pay my library 3 euros for each volume, so I'm considering buying the boxset. What do you guys think?
7. Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3) by Tsugumi Ohba
8. The Duke and I (With 2nd Epilogue) (Bridgertons, #1) by Julia Quinn
3 stars. There is one scene in this book which I really hated, otherwise I would have given it a higher rating. In addition, I didn't feel like the second epilogue added anything special. It spoil some of the following books as Daphne is visited by her brother and his wife. But romances are usually predictable in that regard, so you might be fine with that.
9. The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn
10. Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renee Ahdieh
3 stars. I really enjoyed most of the book but I do have some problems with the writing style and I had trouble to connect with the characters. Ultimately, I didn't like the ending at all, so much so that I'm in doubt to whether I'll read the sequel. I think the vibe of the second book will be completely different and the atmosphere of Flame in the Mist and Black Clan members were my favourite things of the book.
11. The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu
I started this after finishing The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue but I struggled so much I had to put it down for a while. At the end of the month, I pushed myself to finish it instead of not finishing it all. I'm glad I did because the end is original and the best thing about The Young Elites. It actually made me interested in picking up the rest of the series but because of my lack of interest before and my struggles to finish it, I have to give this book 2 stars.
Which books did you read recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!
If you liked this post, please follow me on 'Bloglovin, twitter, instagram and goodreads! I would really appreciate it!