Sunday 29 July 2018

Sunday Post #23


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

Life

I'm back from my two-week vacation in Spain. My family and I have been going to same place in Spain for 21 years now and I'm always able to relax there. This year it went wrong from the very start. Our car broke down just after we passed Paris and (the mechanics only had time to look at our car on Tuesday and it broke down on Thursday at noon). Our insurance got us a replacement car but we had to travel to Paris again to get and return through Paris the next day. If you have ever driven through Paris to got to the south then you know how horrible that is. In the end we were driving in Paris for over seven hours combined because of all the traffic and delays. That's definitely not the right way to start a holiday. To top all that, we were unable to reach our first hotel and had to book an expensive hotel in Paris and had to pay both. The car we ultimately got was a lot smaller and we had to leave some of our luggage behind. The worst part however, was the fact that I had a friend flying over to stay with us for a week and we had planned to see quite a few things but now there were only five seats left in the car and there were six of us.
To say I didn't relax as much as I normally do in Spain is an understatement. Thankfully everyone was okay.

I got home on Monday and the weather was extremely hot in Belgium, way too hot. Now I'm with my family (and grandmother and great-aunt) at De Haan, a village at our Belgian coast to cool down. Hopefully, I will be able to relax a little more here, although my 88- and 89-year-old family members do need a lot of help but I'm happy we are all here!

Blog and books


I didn't get the chance to blog while I was in Spain but I promise to be more active from now on!

I actually read all the books on my Tome Topple TBR, although not during the two weeks I was supposed to. I enjoyed them all and absolutely recommend them!

Movies and TV Shows

I went to see Con Amor, Simon in Spanish with my friend, which was fantastic! I had previously seen the movie and I have read and loved the book.



What did you read or watch recently? And what have you been doing to relax and are you travelling anywhere?

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a nightmare vacation. I’m glad things are okay now. I still need to see Love, Simon. Everybody raves about it. Have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you'll get a chance to see it soon! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your vacation! How frustrating that must have been. I hope you get some relaxing time at De Haan.

    Is that colored popcorn??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is coloured popcorn! I only eat popcorn with sugar and not with salt, so our only option was coloured popcorn :)

      I did have a good time at the De Haan!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a stressful start to your holiday for sure. I couldn't bear a car journey that long. 4 hours between Scotland and England is as much as I can cope with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely toooo long this year, especially having to back and forth so many times due to car problems. I really want to visit England and Scotland, so far I've only been to London a couple of times.

      Delete