Sunday 15 September 2019

Sunday Post #79


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

Life

Feeling very down and anxious this week, I'm not going to into details but it's work-related. Teaching adults can be very difficult. Luckily I did spent a fun day with a friend yesterday and was able to keep my mind occupied with something else for some time.


Blog and books

I finished The Dragon Republic and I loved it! Not quite sure what I will read next, it might be Well Met or Serpent & Dove. My Darkdawn pre-order still hasn't arrived, so I'm not sure when I will be able to read that.


Movies and TV Shows


I finally went to see the new Lion King film yesterday! I enjoyed it, the animals were so vividly animated, the music was fantastic of course and there were some new and fun elements to the original story. 

Last week I also watched Falling Inn Love, it's definitely not a great film but I did have fun trying to forget everything else.


What do you read or watch when you are feeling down? I will need a lot of recommendations!

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're having a rough time! Work often makes me feel crummy too and when it does I generally binge watch random tv shows or re-read favourite books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find a way to reduce your stress, I like binging on light hearted shows when I’m stressed, maybe try Hart of Dixie on Netflix.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no sorry to hear that! Teaching adults CAN be hard (and stressful) I would imagine.

    The dragon Republic definitely sounds awesome. :) I kinda want to read serpent and Dove too.

    Let's see- when I'm down sometimes music does the trick. It can be quiet, relaxing music if I need that, or even something uptempo and rock-ish- takes my mind off troubles sometimes. Good luck and hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard and stressful sometimes and you just have to step back and do something you really enjoy to balance it. I would suggest romantic comedy if that is a genre you like: Penny Reid, sometimes Jill Shalvis, Lauren Blakely. Or treat yourself to a pedicure or massage if you like those.

    I hope this week is much better and you enjoy something different.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've been feeling stressed. I hope things go more smoothly this week.

    ReplyDelete