Sunday 26 July 2020

June 2020 Wrap Up

I didn't read all that much in June but I did find a new favourite!

1. Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 4 - 20 by Hiromu Arakawa


I read volumes 4 to 20 of the manga series: Fullmetal Alchemist. I enjoyed my time reading these but I do believe the series is a bit too long.

2. Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata,


This is a gem! I'm really happy I read this short Japanese novel. It has sparked in interest in reading more Japanese fiction, as you will be able to tell from my following book hauls and wrap up. 

It’s a very short story about a woman who loves working in a convenience story. She is happy with the way she lives her life but society, friends and family think she should do better. 5 stars, I can't recommend this book enough! Convenience Store Woman is my favourite book of 2020 so far.

Do you have a favourite read this year?

What did you read recently?
Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and recommendations down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read Convenience Store Woman. It gets amazing reviews, and it sounds very relatable for me.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I can't recommend it more wholeheartedly!

      Delete