Sunday 26 July 2020

Sunday Post #114


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.

Life

Corona numbers are increasing and that gives me a bad feeling. Normally, I'm not a home as much during Summer break and staying at home is making me a little bit bored and anxious. Luckily I did spend two days in Bruges this week. I had a lot of fun spending time with my friend. 

I didn't take that many pictures in Bruges, but I do have some. Bruges has a stunning historic centre, which these pictures don't manage to fully show. So you will have to visit Bruges yourself and let it sink in :)






In other news, yesterday I played a boardgame with a friend (the game was a Christmas present). It's called Kero and it was the first time I played it. Unfortunately I noticed a piece was missing and thus the game was incomplete. I somehow feel incredibly annoyed by this.

Blog and books



I finished Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami today and I really enjoyed it. I love his writing style. I'm excited to read more of his work in the future.

I just started another Japanese book, called Sweet Bean Paste. I have only read a couple of pages but so far it's good.

This week I wrote a post about books by Black Authors I recommend and I finally also shared my June wrap up. Better late than never I guess.

Movies and TV Shows


I only watched a couple of Gran Hotel and Brooklyn Nine-Nine episodes this week.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to see your friend and get a few photos for the rest of us to "travel" from home! Enjoy some great reads this week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruges looks like an amazing place to visit. It is tough not being able to do as much though. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you watched The Good Place? It’s great!

    Bruges looks lovely and green, what a wonderful place.

    I’m looking to read Sweet Bean Paste eventually, glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have! Although I still need to watch a couple of seasons.
      It is lovely, you should definitely visit it some day! :)
      Sweet Bean Paste was really good!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful city. It's completely new to me. I bet you enjoyed getting out.

    Sweet Bean Paste looks good. It is not at my library, but there is a movie there that was made from the book.

    Nothing much is being done here about the virus; it is being allowed to run its course. Very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did.
      By the way, Bruges is not that far from Paris ;)
      I still need to watch the film but the book was really good!
      That sounds terrible! I hope that will change soon!

      Delete
  5. I’m glad you had a chance to explore and meet a friend.
    Hubby and I are currently watching Humans, I binged a few things this past week.. Jamestown, the latest season of Atypical and Sing On! Spain which is fun. I know no Spanish but most of the singing is in English.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I still need to watch those, although I have watched the first season of Jamestown when it came out. Are you enjoying the other seasons as well?

      Delete