Sunday 2 August 2020

Sunday Post #115


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.

Life

I'm on holiday at the seaside this week, it feels good to get away from home for a bit. The weather is hot and will only get hotter. I like sunny days but 30°C is way too much for me.

Blog and books




This week I read The Picture of Dorian Gray for the first time and I loved it! Sweat Bean Paste was a wonderful read as well. Yesterday I started reading 1984 and it's really good and thought-provoking so far.

Movies and TV Shows


Again, I only watched a couple of Gran Hotel and Brooklyn Nine-Nine episodes this week.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

18 comments:

  1. I just watched The Rental on demand this weekend. If you like horror that's a good one. Relic was great. I just finished up Looking for Alaska and LIttle Fires Everywhere on Hulu. HBO has Perry Mason and I May Destroy You that are both fantastic. And TNT started their second season of The Alienist which is great too. I hope you have a healthy and safe week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still need to read Little Fires Everywhere but I'm very excited to watch the show as well! I will check out the others!

      Delete
  2. Where exactly are you having your holiday? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still want to come steal that Picture of Dorian Gray edition! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I completely understand, but I guard it well :p

      Delete
  4. Our days are inching up into highs in the 90s (33 degrees C and up) now. We walk at 6:30 in the morning so that temps are a little cooler.

    Lucky you, on holiday. The sea sounds lovely. It cools things off around here to go to the ocean.

    Love that beautiful Picture of Dorian Gray book.

    And I'm eager to hear about Sweet Bean Paste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperatures are getting very hot here as well, it's unpleasant.
      The sea does cool things off a bit :)
      Sweet Bean Paste was great! I highly recommend it, it's such a comfort read to me.

      Delete
  5. Ah, The Picture of Dorian Gray is really great! And that's a pretty edition -- I love that line of reissues. :D

    My weekly roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your holiday! I had to read Dorian Gray in college, and it was one of the better books that school forced upon me. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I almost never liked books that school forced on me, but I didn't have to read this, so it would have changed this :)

      Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  7. I hope you are enjoying your holiday safely

    Wishing you a great reading week, and cooler weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I definitely need cooler weather!

      Delete
  8. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on Sweet Bean Paste! 1984 is one of my favourite books, it’s scary how much of it is real life.

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Bean Paste was really good! I hope you'll enjoy it too!
      1984 was very scary but such a great read! It's now a fave too!

      Have a lovely week as well!

      Delete