Monday 10 August 2020

Sunday Post #116

                                        


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

My holiday in De Haan (an idyllic town with a beach) is over, I enjoyed my time there, especially being able to walk a lot. I got home yesterday morning, we're in the middle of a heatwave so there were lots of people going to the beaches this weekend and I wanted to avoid the crowds and the fights.


I'm a terrible cook but today I felt like making some muffins. I found an oatmeal and raspberry recipe and quite liked the result.


Blog and books


I'm in the mood to read classics at the moment. After finishing The Picture of Dorian Gray last week, I also read 1984 by George Orwell, now another favourite of mine!

I'm currently reading The Great Gatsby, while listening to the soundtrack of the film. It's another classic I should have read long before this but I'm happy to read it now.

Do you have classics you want to read soon?

Movies and TV Shows


I didn't watch anything this week, opting to go walking in the evening instead.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. 1984 is great, though there are too many things in it that seem to be a little close to how things are now!

    Your muffins look lovely, my daughter is the baker in my house though we’ve had to put a stop to it just now as our waistlines were expanding!

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was definitely creepy!
      It's the first time this summer I baked something, so we'll be okay for now. I also took care not to add any sugar.

      Have a lovely week as well!

      Delete
  2. I am a moderator at The Classics Club. I wonder if you might be interested in joining. You create a list of 50 books to read over 5 years, and then you try to read and review them. We just finished a spin yesterday, and those are always fun.

    It's so nice to get away. That's part of the trouble right now: there's no where to run to. But you did manage to find a peaceful and isolated spot.

    I am a proud baker and your muffins look wonderful. I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit.

    I hope you enjoy Gatsby. It feels like an iconic American story to me, of longing for things we don't have, all the while surrounded by so much. I'll be curious to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, The Classics Club does sound interesting. I would like to try but I'm quite bad at following TBR's. Please let me know how I can join!

      It wasn't very isolated but I have gotten rather good in avoiding people :)

      Aw, thank you, that's very kind!

      The Great Gatsby is fantastic so far! Really enjoying my time reading it!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could've gone to the coast this year. Normally next week but thought it best to cancel with how things are. But I'm already saving money for next year so that I can go longer maybe then. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel like there were all of the people there, so you probably made the correct choice! I was going to go with my grandmother and her sister but they didn't end up joining us. It was planned in January and since we decided not to go to Spain, we did decide not to cancel this.

      Delete