Monday 6 September 2021

Sunday Post #146

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

The last couple of weeks have been crazy, I had a lot of job opportunities and calls which made the past weeks incredibly busy and stressful. I had a lot of difficult choices to make, but in the end settled for a great school where I can actually teach the courses I studied. Another plus is the fact that it's quite close to where I live and I can easily take the train. The schoolyear has officially started and I believe I will be busier than last year but hopefully it will be more fulfilling as well!

Blog and books



I finished Anna Karenina! Such a fantastic book! I just started The Bell Jar, quite different so far but I'm enjoying it too! I will probably read The Woman in the Purple Skirt this month as well, if I have the time.

Movies and TV Shows



I watched a couple of films these past weeks, Anna Karenina (with Keira Knightley) which I thought wasn't a great adaptation because of the theatre style (which would fit an actual play but made the story more confusing to watch). I also watched, Queen, Pagglait (both good Netflix films) and my favourites Wadjda and El faro de las orcas. I watched these last four films because I wanted to watch more films not set in the U.S. or in the U.K. to get to know different cultures. Do you have any other recommendations?

What did you read or watch recently?


As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job. It actually sounds perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Karenina and The Bell Jar are real classics! Good to have read them.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job- sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you can teach the actual courses you studied. What were they again? Hope you have a great September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll have fantastic September as well! I'm now teaching English, I studied English and Spanish. I hope to one day teach some Spanish again as well.

      Delete
  5. Both books sounds wonderful! Don't you just love books with female protagonists?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you will have the opportunity to teach what you studied. It sounds like an ideal job for you.

    You loved Anna Karenina? I'm happy to hear that, as I did, too. I had tried War and Peace and gave up after a few weeks, and a friend recommended trying Anna Karenina first...so glad she did. I ended up reading W&P later and enjoying it, too.

    I must look for The Woman in the Purple Skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am too!
      Happy to hear you enjoyed War and Peace, loving Anna Karenina made it even more intimidating to me to read W&P, though. I hope to like it just as much.

      Delete