Sunday 12 September 2021

Sunday Post #147

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

I had a busy week teaching but I'm also slowly getting to know some new colleagues. Starting in a new workplace is always a bit stressful but I think I'm starting to get a hang of it. This year, though, I will have a lot of work, I also hope to balance my free time more. We'll see how it goes.

Blog and books



I'm still currently reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, I'm  hoping to finish it next week. For my challenge of reading a classic and a non-fiction book every month, I will probably reading Crying in H Mart as well. If I have time left, I hope to read The Woman in the Purple Skirt this month as well.

Movies and TV Shows



I decided to watch The White Queen again, so I can watch The White Princess. I like these shows because they also show some English history. Aside from that I also watched three documentaries, one about Rasputin, another about Tutankhamun and the last one about Diana. I love watching documentaries about historic events and people and hope to watch more of them in the future.


What did you read or watch recently?


As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

14 comments:

  1. The Woman In The Purple Skirt sounds good.

    I watched two good movies yesterday. I don't know what genres you like but you could check them out to see if you want to watch them. Greater (a true story) & Griffin & Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for the recommendations! I haven't heard about these films before.

      Delete
  2. One of the best parts of working is getting to know your colleagues. I'm glad you are starting to do this, even though your workload is daunting right now.

    The Bell Jar is an amazing depiction of depression in the life of a young person. I can still remember reading it for the first time, and being taken with the authenticity of the writing.

    My son recommended a new documentary on 9/11 that is showing on Hulu now. I'm not sure if that's available to you there, or even if you have interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The Bell Jar was although jarring at times also an incredible reading experience which will probably stick with me for years to come.

      I don't have access to Hulu over here, but many I can find in on another platform! Thanks for the rec!

      Delete
  3. The Bell Jar was an amazing new book when it was first published, but I haven't reread it since then. Much more about Plath's life and that of her icky husband has since been revealed.

    I liked Crying in H-Mart.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Bell Jar a looong time ago, but I remember liking it. Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The White Queen way back, it's a solid show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the White Princess but haven't seen The White Queen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not gotten to the Bell Jar yet! Hopefully one day. I've recently finished a book set party in Russia and your Rasputin documentaries can only be interesting!

    Have a good week ahead and happy reading.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also working in a new school this year. I'm getting to know the other faculty slowly. Hope things keep getting better for both of us! Have a good week.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I started The White Queen a while ago. It was one of those I think back when I had a different streaming channel...

    Starting a new place is always tough, hope you have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What was the Tutankhamun docu called? 👀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Toutankhamon, le trésor redécouvert, I watched it on Canvas, you can still find it online until the beginning of October, I believe.

      Delete
  11. I’m glad to learn the new job is going well!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete