Sunday 3 October 2021

Sunday Post #149

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

I had some very busy weeks and it will not get better this month. I'm now teaching more than full time again (and am slightly wondering why I agreed to this, as it can feel a bit suffocating) but I'm finally teaching English and Spanish (both actual courses I studied!) and it feels great! At the same time I'm also a bit scared this might only last a year, but hopefully it won't!


Blog and books

I finished Crying in H Mart and didn't love it as much as I hoped I would. The writing style didn't grip me much, which somehow made me enjoy the book a bit less as well. 

This month I am planning to read Frankenstein and When Breath Becomes Air, at I hope I will find the time to read, which is something I have been lacking lately.



I also did a brush lettering workshop this weekend and this card was the result. I'm quite happy with it, seeing as I'm only a beginner. It's something I've been interested in doing for quite a while and it was fun finally getting to it.

Movies and TV Shows




I'm on the third season of The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel and I'm still enjoying it! Hoping the fourth season will come soon!
I also have two episodes left of The White Queen (which I'm watching for a second time to move on to The White Princess).

What did you read or watch recently?


As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Reading Frankenstein actually made me so sympathetic to the monster. (Actually, the name Frankenstein refers to the doctor which hasn’t been clear in its reputation.) He was just so lonely and misunderstood, and it makes me sad to think about the way man can create such sorrow…

    I would love to learn brush lettering!

    The only thing I know about Miss Maizel is that she wore one of my favorite lipstick shades: Revlon’s Cherries in The Snow.💄☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's neat that you're teaching courses now you actually studied, must be a good feeling, even if you're a bit overwhelmed- hope the school year goes well for you!

    Maisel looks like a fun series, I've been thinking of trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaching courses you actually studied in school sounds great, but I'm not sure about teaching more than full time. Teaching is exhausting and there are not enough hours in the day to do everything you need to do, I think. I hope you get a little more time to read in upcoming months.

    I liked Crying in H Mart a lot, but I wished it had not been so wrapped up in the food. The food descriptions got to be a little overwhelming to me.

    I hope to take a calligraphy short course this week, if I can get signed up and get my materials in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brush lettering workshop is something I would love to do as well. What you made is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete