Tuesday 8 December 2015

Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is top ten favourite authors you read for the first time in 2015. 



Richelle Mead
Richelle Mead is my most read new-to-me favourite author! I actually read 10 of her books this year. 10! I'm really looking forward to read more of her books next year because I'm definitely not done with her yet!

Shanna Swendson
I've read 5 of her books this year, all part of The Enchanted Inc. series and I loved all of them. And Owen! Probably one of my favourite characters this year!

Margaret Atwood
I've only read The Blind Assassin but I was completely blown away with it! I've been wanting to read an Atwood book for a while now, and I'm glad this one was part of my Canadian Literature class! Looking forward to reading more of her books in the future!

Jeffrey Eugenides
The Virgen Suicides. Do I need to say more? Absolutely fantastic! I've purchased his two other books and I hope to read them soon!

Ilona Andrews
The Kate Daniels series was the perfect way to end my summer! Currently, I'm actually reading Clean Sweep and I'm really enjoying it as well! Review to come!

John Layman 
Chew is my favourite comic ever!

Rosamund Hodge
Impressed by Cruel Beauty, loved Gilded Ashes and looking forward to Crimson Bound!

Naomi Novik
Uprooted fit perfectly in my fairy tale retelling mood and was in my humble opinion one of the best books I read in the genre!

Laini Taylor
Really, really enjoyed Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It was so original and refreshing although I haven't really felt much desire to pick up the other books in the trilogy yet, it will happen soon! (Hopefully).

Anthony Doerr 
All the Light We Cannot See. Beautiful book. Kind of wanted a different ending but I can see why it ended the way it did. 

Andy Weir
After reading The Martian in September, I became unable to leave Andy Weir out of my top ten lists. Therefore, as an extra I'm adding him to this one too.


Which authors are on your list? Let me know down below!

2 comments:

  1. I bought The Martian a few weeks ago and really need to read it before my husband rents the DVD when it is released and ruins the book for me. I really enjoy Richelle Mead's books and am glad to see people are still discovering her for the first time. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm determined to read Uprooted and All the Light next year! My TTT

    ReplyDelete