Saturday 26 December 2015

The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

I am the perfect weapon.
I kill with a single touch.

Twylla is blessed. The Gods have chosen her to marry a prince, and rule the kingdom. But the favour of the Gods has it's price. A deadly poison infuses her skin. Those who anger the queen must die under Twylla's fatal touch.

Only Lief, an outspoken new guard, can see past Twylla's chilling role to the girls she truly is.

Yet in a court as dangerous and the queen's, some truths should not be told... 


-- Goodreads.com description --





This book was a loan from my friend and I'm definitely pleased to have read it. I think this was just the right book at the right time. I needed a quick read that didn't actually need my full attention. Lately, I had been hearing some bad reviews of this book which lowered my expectations. I feel that even when a book isn't that great, I enjoy it more than I should if I have low expectations, which is exactly what happened here.

Now, after reading the back of the book, you definitely draw parallels to the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. I actually enjoyed The Sin Eater's Daughter more than the Shatter Me trilogy mainly because I like Twylla and I hated Juliette. Plus I really disliked the writing style of the Shatter Me trilogy and while the writing style wasn't fantastic in this book either, I did like it more. Don't get me wrong, both books/series are not that good. There are so many more better young adult series out there. I do have to mention that the fact Twylla's touch is deadly, is the only comparison with Shatter Me. I was very pleased to find out, those two books don't resemble each other as much as I expected.

Back to The Sin Eater's Daugher, I did really like the characters. I didn't not expect the plot twist at the end, which was probably due to the fact that I didn't divide my full attention to reading this book, but still, it was a fun surprise. Well, the twist is not that much fun at all, however, the fact that there is a twist is fun.

After finishing the book, I immediately rated it 4 stars on Goodreads, although, now that I had some time to think about it, I actually would give it either 3 or 2,5 stars out of 5. If you are interested in reading the book, I'm not going to dissuade you, however, if you have strong doubts about I would recommend not to waste money on it.

I'm not sure if I will read the second book, we'll see, maybe my friend likes this book enough to buy the second one and I can read her book, we'll see.

What is your opinion on this book? Please, let me know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment