Monday 31 October 2016

October Wrap Up

I can't believe October is already over! I read four books and a fantastic comic this month, despite my reading slump!


1. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken



I actually borrowed this book from my friend and loved it so much I had to buy the entire trilogy immediately so I could read the next book asap! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to read the second book yet due to required university reading. Will remedy that soon!

5 out of 5 stars, obviously!

2. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake


I thought, as October is the month of Halloween, I should try to pick up at least one Halloween related book. I chose Anna Dressed in Blood as I had the duology on my e-reader. However, I didn't think it was creepy and the story itself I found lacking as well. 3 stars.

3. Death of a Hero by Richard Aldington



Required university reading. Also the book I'm writing my thesis on.

4. Adulthood Is a Myth by Sarah Andersen



Absolutely LOVED this comic! It's soooo relatable, at least to me it is! Awesome comic and some really nice bookworm related panels! 5 stars!!!

5. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 



Gemina is illustrated by Marie Lu! I had no idea! Some really cool illustrations in here! I loved the first book but sadly the main characters did not pull me into the story as much as Ezra and Kady did. The characters from the first book are still the ones I'm worrying about. A little bit disappointed by Gemina, although it's still an enjoyable read. The plot twists were absolutely amazing! 4 out of 5 stars. Review to come!


Which books did you read this month? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Leave a comment down below!

2 comments:

  1. The Darkest Minds is great! Hope you'll enjoy the rest of the series.

    Oh Adulthood is a Myth! I love seeing her comics online. I still have to get it some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait to read the rest of The Darkest Minds!

      I was not familiar with Sarah's comics before, but now I'm definitely a fan!

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete