Thursday 3 January 2019

Top Ten Books I read in 2018

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme  which was previously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader GirlEach week bloggers post their top ten on a previously suggested topic. This week's topic is Ten Books I read in 2018.

I didn't know until just now that this was this week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic, which is why I'm only posting this today.

Here are the best books I read in 2018!  (Spoiler: there are 11 books here!)
These are in no particular order.

1. Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle #2) by Jay Kristoff


This was the first book I read in 2018 and it was fantastic! Loved the plot twists, characters and story! Can't wait to read the third book!

2. The Secret History by Donna Tartt



This was on my TBR for so long because I knew I was going to love it and I wanted to read it at the right time. Donna Tartt is such a fantastic author, I will read everything she writes!

3. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger


Some people hate, others love it and I definitely loved it!

4. Kings of the Wyld (The Band #1) by Nicholas Eames


Loved this humorous fantasy novel! Can't wait to read more!

5. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis


A very hard-hitting story! 


6. The Poppy War (The Poppy War #1) by R.F. Kuang


7. The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy #1) by S.A. Chakraborty 


8. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas


Incredible book! Can't wait to watch the film when it's released in my country at the end of January!

9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


Fantastic book! Really enjoyed the movie as well! Highly recommend!

10. All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries #1) by Martha Wells 


I adore Murderbot! Such a great character!

11. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton


Lots of twists and turns, bit confusing in the beginning but well worth reading!



As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

19 comments:

  1. I loved Godsgrave and I can't wait for Darkdawn to come out!

    I wanted to buy Kings of the Wyld last week but neither Waterstones nor Sterling books had it in stock :-S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darkdawn is one of my most anticipated books this year!

      It's been such a long time since I went to Brussels and those shops! Might have to go again soon!

      Delete
  2. I love Murderbot!! And The seven deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle is one I've had my eye on- I may have to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them both! I hope you'll get a chance to read The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle soon!

      Delete
  3. The Kings of the Wyld, Godsgrave and The Secret History are on my 2019 list! Glad to hear you enjoyed them. The Poppy War was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did! The Poppy War was great!

      Delete
    2. Also to reply to your question on my blog about Guy Gavriel Kay: Lions of Al-Rassan is probably a good place to start. It's a fantastic book!

      Delete
  4. I love #9, though I'm not going to see the movie, I don't like the casting.

    #10 - started reading this but stopped because it seems a bit bore but will finish it later because I really do like the idea of the story.

    I can't say anything on the other books because I haven't read them though I have seen those books around the web, people seems to like them but they don't interest me.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I loved The Female of the Species and THUG. I'm glad to see Godsgrave on your list too. I loved Nevernight and just picked up a copy of Godsgrave. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you will enjoy Godsgrave as much as I did!

      Delete
  6. I have several of these on my list to read this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I did!

      Delete
  7. there are two books I'm not surprised AT ALL to see here! They are two all time fav of mine now: The Female of the Species (GOOO ALEEEEX!) and THUG! So happy to see you loved them too Lynn! Happy to see we have similar taste in books (heart emoji) I enjoyed LifeLik3 so I want to give Jay Kristoff another try! Maybe Nevernight !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew they were your favourites and I'm not surprised I loved them as well! It's fantastic that we have a similar taste in books!
      I recommend Nevernight but the beginning can be a little bit though to get though although it does get a lot better!

      Delete
  8. What a great mix of books! Several I want to read and a few of my own favorites on your list. The Hate U Give was my top favorite in 2017. And I loved The Book Thief. I happen to fall in the liked it camp for Catcher in the Rye and so I am so glad you loved it. I feel in the minority on that one more often than not.

    I hope you have a wonderful 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel in the minority for liking Catcher in the Rye as well!

      Have a wonderful 2019!

      Delete
  9. Awesome list!! I hope you find great five-star reads in 2019 as well!

    ReplyDelete