Wednesday 2 January 2019

Beat the Backlist Challenge 2019

I have decided to participate in the Beat the Backlist Challenge 2019. This challenge is hosted by Novel Knight and you can find more information about it on NovelKnight's blog. I participated last year as well, I finished all the books from my initial post, the only thing is, I finished The Mad Ship today (so, it was two days too late to count for the challenge).



Here is my TBR for this year. This might change throughout the year but I'm hoping to read at least half of the books below!

1. Ship of Destiny (Liveship Traders #3) by Robin Hobb 


I probably would start this book right now, after having finished The Mad Ship, but I don't have it in my possession yet. I ordered it on the Book Depository but it will take some time to get here.

Since I didn't finish The Mad Ship before the end of 2018, I really want to read Ship of Destiny this year! I'm so excited to read the last book of the trilogy. I will miss these characters when it's over!

2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë


I have started this book years ago and didn't have the time to finish it. Hopefully, 2019 will be the year I do so! Really enjoyed what I read, though!

3. The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood


I have read three books by Margaret Atwood before and loved them all! Can't wait to read more!

4. Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse #1) by James S.A. Corey 


5. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie


These are five huge books that each intimidate me in some way, I can't guarantee I will read them all but sure would like to try!


What are you planning to read this year? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!


If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Robin Hobb is so awesome! Have you read the Fitz and Fool books at all as well? They're not super linked with the Ship of Magic books but later on they're all linked with the dragons and all that. And the Corey books kinda intrigue me since I've been watching the Expanse, and that's a good show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read The Farseer trilogy and I plan to continue with the Tawny Man trilogy after I finish Ship of Destiny. I really enjoy her books!
      I haven't watched the Expanse series yet but I will after I have read the book! Glad you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. oh I'm a little sad that we are not going to be dragon teammates again this year since that's how I met you! Good luck with all your reading challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel sad about that as well! It's such a nice way to meet new people! I defintely loved meeting you!
      Good luck with your TBR and challenges!

      Delete
  3. I read Ship of Magic last year and I really want to read The Mad Ship this year and then hopefully also Ship of Destiny.

    I bought Leviathan Wakes last week and I'm very curious to see if I'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy The Mad Ship as well!
      Really curious about Leviathan Wakes as well!

      Delete