Friday 2 February 2018

January Wrap Up


These are the books I read in January. Since I had exams this month, I'm quite happy I managed to read these! They all count as backlist books for the Beat the Backlist Challenge!

1. Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff



This was a fantastic start to my reading year! Definitely going to be one of favourites this year! It was incredible! Can't wait to read the third book! 5 stars!!!

2. Vicious (Villains, #1) by V.E. Schwab




Enjoyed this one but I felt it was too short! Definitely looking forward to read the sequel! 4 stars!
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell



Cute read, but as I am not a huge contemporary reader I gave it 3 stars! By all means that is a good rating from me in this genre! I did not like the fanfiction fragments and I wish it did not have such an open ending (like I want to know how she did with her story!)

4. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline 


I wish I could have had the time to read this in one sitting but alas, exams were the priority.
Really enjoyed this! Loved the 80s references and I'm glad I finally read this! 4 stars! The only thing I disliked about this book was the super tiny font! 

5. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson


This was a creepy read to end the month with! Really enjoyed it, though! 5 stars!


Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!

If you enjoyed this post, please follow me on 'Bloglovin, Twitter, Instagram and Goodreads for more regular updates!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I'm curious about Ready Player One but I might end up seeing the film before I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Ready Player One, I'm really glad I read the book before the movie comes out! Looking forward to seeing it!

      Delete
  2. I’ve read all of those books except Godsgrave. I’m really looking forward to the Vicious sequel. Have a good February!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I looking forward to reading the Vicious sequel too!

      Delete
  3. After I’m done with Annihilation I’ll reas Ready Player One! Glad to hear is good! Hope you did good in your exams :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it too!

      Delete