Emilia has just returned to her idyllic Cotswold hometown to rescue the family business. Nightingale Books is a dream come true for book-lovers, but the best stories aren't just within the pages of the books she sells - Emilia's customers have their own tales to tell.
There's the lady of the manor who is hiding a secret close to her heart; the single dad looking for books to share with his son but who isn't quite what he seems; and the desperately shy chef trying to find the courage to talk to her crush . . .
And as for Emilia's story, can she keep the promise she made to her father and save Nightingale Books?
-- Goodreads.com description --
I received an arc copy from Netgalley and the publishers in exchange for an honest review. However, I wasn't able to read the pdf in time, because I really struggle with those, the small font in particular. So, I was able to get a copy through my library and finally had a chance to read it. And let me tell you, I'm so glad I did!
I requested this book because it's about a book shop and I simply adore books about books! In addition, I really enjoy reading romance novels as well.
Things I liked:
- The book shop is the central part of the novel. The story is told through various perspective which have the book store in common.
- I was engrossed in every single storyline and actually want more! Every character was unique and were interesting to read about! I do believe Dillon and Alice are the cutest!
- I was a bit stressed out at the time I started reading this but this book calmed me down a little. It was like the perfect book at the right time kind of thing.
- I now want to visit and actually work in Nightingale Books.
Things I didn't like:
- I think it should have been a bit longer. I felt things wrapped up really quickly and I actually didn't want it too end.
- I would have loved to see more of Julius!
All in all, I really enjoyed this book! It really relaxed me and that was exactly what I needed at the time! I loved all the references to other books and I really want to read Anna Karenina right now!
I gave How to Find Love in a Bookshop 4 stars! If you are looking for an engrossing romance novel about books, you should check out Veronica Henry's novel! I really recommend it!