Wednesday 24 October 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.



In a palace of illusions, nothing is what it seems.

Each generation, a competition is held to find the next empress of Honoku. The rules are simple. Survive the palace’s enchanted seasonal rooms. Conquer Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Marry the prince. All are eligible to compete—all except yōkai, supernatural monsters and spirits whom the human emperor is determined to enslave and destroy. 

Mari has spent a lifetime training to become empress. Winning should be easy. And it would be, if she weren't hiding a dangerous secret. Mari is a yōkai with the ability to transform into a terrifying monster. If discovered, her life will be forfeit. As she struggles to keep her true identity hidden, Mari’s fate collides with that of Taro, the prince who has no desire to inherit the imperial throne, and Akira, a half-human, half-yōkai outcast.

Torn between duty and love, loyalty and betrayal, vengeance and forgiveness, the choices of Mari, Taro, and Akira will decide the fate of Honoku in this beautifully written, edge-of-your-seat YA fantasy. 

-- Goodreads.com description -- 


I heard this book has a lot of Asian influences and that's exactly what I'm looking for right now. Also, the cover is gorgeous! 

Have you read this book or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!



Which books are you excited to read?

I'm in need of Asian literature recommendations!


If you enjoyed this post, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the Asian influences, and the seasonal challenge rooms is a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the season challenge rooms which is intriguing but I worry about the possibility of a love triangle, which I hate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really care for love triangles either, I wait and read some reviews first to pick this up.

      Delete
  3. I love that cover. This is a new to me book, but it sounds intriguing. I am curious about the seasonal rooms and am interested in learning more about Mari. I hope you love this one when you read it.

    ReplyDelete