Tuesday 30 October 2018

September Wrap Up

September was a bad reading month for me. I was in a huge reading slump, which still hasn't completely passed. So, I only read two books last month.

1. Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire


This book turned out so different from what I had expected. I liked the characters and plot but it was so much darker than I thought it would be. I do believe this book should have been longer, I feel like everything just touches the surface and could have been developed better. 3 stars.

2. Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud 


I was a little disappointed with this book. Not much happened in this book and while the characters were entertaining, I needed more than romance to develop in the story. 3 stars.

Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and recommendations down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I hope your slump ends soon! I’m in one of those, too. It’s very frustrating that I can’t concentrate on books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, same here :( Let's hope we'll both get out of it soon!

      Delete
  2. My Horror Month was a washout! Too much work around the house left me too tired to pick up a book for about three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel exhausted when life takes over and I don't have any time to read. I hope next week will be better for you!

      Delete