Sunday 7 October 2018

Sunday Post #33


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

Life

This week was terrible. I started my job which went fine but on Friday morning when I was walking to school after an hour on the train, I witnessed an accident, right in front of the school. A cyclist ended up under a truck, I didn't see her fall but I did see the truck drive over something and stop. Then the screaming started and I immediately dialled 911 (or as we have to dial 112). Afterwards I informed my school, had to talk to the police, received counselling and had to be present when a pupil who witnessed the same thing received counselling. I was told to call my parents to take me home because it was inadvisable to take the train and be alone for an hour. To this day, the images and sounds still invade my thoughts and I have terrible headaches. Not sure if the last are related or not but I have felt better. Right after the counselling, we were told that the woman is not going to die, she does have serious injuries but it's not life threatening. That helps to cope with it.


Blog and books

I planned on finishing War Horse on my train ride home on Friday but obviously things didn't go as planned. Same for the posts I planned to write yesterday but I was too busy preparing my lessons for Monday.

Movies and TV Shows


I finished Goblin this week and I rewatched a couple of Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo to lift my spirits on Friday.

What did you read or watch recently? Do you have any recommendations? I'm in serious need of film or TV show recommendations with happy endings and not including car accidents, which I found out are difficult to find.


If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I've never read War Horse. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was okay, I believe my nieces would love it.

      Delete
  2. Oh Lynn, I am so sorry you witnessed that. Go easy on yourself and spend time doing things you enjoy to ease your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'm already doing better!

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm sorry you had to see that! How awful. Take care of yourself and hope the headaches cease soon. And glad to hear the cyclist will make it- hopefully they'll come out without serious aftereffects.

    Both Goblin and Weightlifting sound great, I've seen both mentioned on various blogs (and probably here too). Have a good weekend if you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The headaches have stopped and I hope to hear more news about the cyclist but I'm not sure I ever will.

      Yes, I have mentioned Goblin and Weightlifting before and I recommend them!

      Delete
  4. Oh my god, I'm so sorry you had to witness that. It's probably stupid to ask if you're okay but I really hope you are. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm doing a lot better, I think the shock got to me this weekend but since I am feeling better. The headaches have stopped and now I only see flashes or hear sounds when I'm triggered. Which has only been once, at the exact same spot it happened, so I guess that's not abnormal.

      Delete
  5. Oh, how terrible! I'm so sorry that you had to witness that. I hope that the images and headaches go away soon. And hopefully you have a good support network to help you get through the trauma. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am feeling a lot better, my family helped me cope.

      Delete
  6. the accident sounds awful. Sorry you witnessed it and hope you do okay. I watched the movie War Horse and loved it. Now I want to read the book. I'm sure it has a lot that was left out of the movie.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm doing okay. I don't remember much of the movie but I did enjoy the book.

      Delete
  7. What a horrible thing to witness. Yes I think some happy things like Barnyard or Mamma Mia would've been on my list to make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard about Barnyard before :o I'm going to check it out right now! Love Mamma Mia, always makes me feel happy!

      Delete