Saturday 26 January 2019

Stacking the Shelves: Christmas and New Year's Eve Book Haul



Stacking the Shelves is a meme co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews (the image above belongs to these blogs too). Each week bloggers share the books they got.

On New Year's Eve we exchange most of our presents. I did get one book on Christmas Eve, Michelle Obama's biography but sadly it was in Dutch (I hate reading translated books in Dutch) so I just let my mom have it instead. 

And I also received three Secret Santa books, two from my wonderful Broke and Bookish Secret Santa and one from my bestie!

1. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell 

2. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami


3. The Surface Breaks by Louise O'Neill 


I got this gorgeous hardcover at my friends Secret Santa party which was a lot of fun!

Here are the books I got on New Year's Eve from my family along with Exploding Kittens:

4. Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah


5. Skyward (Skyward #1) by Brandon Sanderson 


I'm really excited to read all of these! Thank you everyone for getting me these lovely gifts!

Which books did you recently get? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!


If you liked this post please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I really appreciate it! 




Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 








6 comments:

  1. Ooh Carry On sounds fun! I love bookish gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Those are the best kind of gifts!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Carry On. Have you read Fangirl? If not, you should read it first (although it isn't necessary). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Fangirl last year, which is why I wanted to read Carry On as well! Sadly my friend didn't like but I hope I will.

      Delete
  3. I would love to have that edition of Skyward when I read it. We have the boring one here in the US. I liked Carry On and am really excited for the sequel which comes out this year.

    ReplyDelete