Sunday 13 January 2019

Sunday Post #47


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

Life

Life has been crazy this week, absolutely insane! Everything I had planned had to be changed. I'm part of a new project which requires me to substitute teachers in three schools, when no one I can substitute is ill, I co-teach in one school. So, on Monday, I had a new co-teaching schedule which I was really happy to start but during my third lesson I was pulled out of class and had immediately had to go to another school to start teaching Dutch the next day, fulltime until the end of the schoolyear. I knew something like this could happen but not so soon and not only Dutch lessons (as you know I studied English and Spanish). This means I have to put a lot more time and work in my lesson preparations. I had to contact the teacher I have to substitute and that turned out the be the most problematic of all. I had to go to her house which can't be reached by public transportation and is about an hour away from my home. When I got there I received a huge stack of tasks that still needed correcting dating from September, October, November and December. She just told me I had to do it. This will take me several days to correct while I didn't even give the assignment in the first place. I let the school know and the principal will decide on Monday what I have to do with that.

Also, the fifth and sixth grade do not have books but only chapters they receive from the teacher with as little text as possible on it. I didn't receive corrections of her course and was told to look it up on the internet.

On Monday I have to teach 8 hours of Dutch and then I have to hurry and go teach my Spanish evening class, will be home at 23:30. I'm so not ready to that, urgh!


Blog and books

I didn't read anything this week but I did post my December book haul in my latest Stacking the Shelves post!


Movies and TV Shows

I forgot to mention I watched and loved Still Alice and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri last week.


This week I watched the kdrama W and LOVED it! Such an amazing show about cartoon characters that get involved in the real world. I highly recommend this one!

I started watching the kdrama Pinocchio and I believe I will enjoy this as well. The only movie I watched was Mamma Mia 2 and I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, it didn't really have a story to tell.




What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need a vacation! I hope you find time this week to read.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got halfway through W last year. Have to finish it now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It has been crazy. I hope things get less chaotic soon and you can enjoy some of your great books:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds hectic. You’re going to be busy. I hope it all goes well.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that's CRAZY. I can't believe they pulled you out of class and informed you that way- wow! My cousin is a teacher and I've heard some stories but yikes, that's a new one for me! Good luck this week!

    W sounds like a lot of fun, I like that premise of cartoon characters in the rea world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear life is still kinda crazy. It does sound kinda of stressing having to teach something you don't and feel fully prepared for and getting all that work umped on you but I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daniela! It's slowly getting better but I'm surrounded by piles of work and more and more just comes at me, I going to have to deal with everything one at a time.

      Delete
  7. Your week sounds so stressful. I hope it has settled down some for you. I've always wanted to start watching K-Drama but I don't know where to start. Which ones would you recommend?

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tough week. Hopefully you get it sorted soon to a manageable routine. I don't watch much TV as I listen to audiobooks or read. I've had so many great reads and listens lately. I like so many genres and like to change them up. I was listening to mysteries and romantic suspense, reading fantasy and now romance for February (Valentine's Day) Have a better week! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete