Sunday 26 May 2019

Sunday Post #66


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 


Life

So, I did end up having a bronchitis and laryngitis (still not over) which in turn infected my vocal chords which made me unable to speak and teach for two days. It's quite awful to be ill while you are substituting another ill teacher. It's not a good impression I've made.

In other news, I voted today! Although, looking at the results that are slowly coming in, it looks like we'll have another a pitch-black Sunday today :(


Blog and books

I have posted my review of The Number of Love this week, really enjoyed it!
Read Lincoln in the Bardo while I was ill and I can't say I enjoyed that book. It's a little too weird and I didn't really get the point. I think I would have preferred a story about Lincoln's life more. Have you read it?


Movies and TV Shows




I watched Doctor Strange for the first time, I enjoyed it but it was strange and the humour was not my cup of tea.
After that I watched Guardians of the Galaxy because that's one of my favourite Marvel movies! Still need to catch up on a lot of others before I can watch Avengers. By the way, Groot is the best!



What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you're ill.
    Guardians is one of my fav Marvel movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no- hope you're feeling better! And I felt the same way about Dr. Strange- it was okay but didn't wow me.

    Love Groot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you recover quickly, I liked Dr Strange but Guardians of the Gary is so much fun, especially with Groot

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been so ill and I hope you kick it soon:) I love Groot. He's so cute in both movies and a tough young sprout in Avengers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy is amazing! I especially love Groot and Rocket. I hope you recover soon!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor you, you really shouldn't be out and about especially trying to teach!

    I am a big fan of the Marvel films - I love them. Groot is my favourite Guardian. I'm a Loki fan; you've seen the Thor films right?

    I hope you have a good week, Lynn and make a full recovery soon. Enjoy your reads and rest your voice. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better! Being sick while teaching is THE WORST. I also love Guardians of the Galaxy. Glad you got to watch some good movies. :)

    ReplyDelete