Monday 29 July 2019

Sunday Post #72


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

Life

This post is a day too late, due to a bad throat ache. The weather was way too hot this week but thankfully I did get the chance to go to the "Gentse feesten" (sort of a weeklong festival in Ghent).
I was supposed to go to a bookfair in Middelburg, The Netherlands, today but just when I got breakfast ready we got a call saying my grandmother had a bad fall and her sister couldn't get her back up alone. We immediately left and ultimately, on the advice of her doctor the ambulance was called. She lives on the third floor of an apartment building and had to be evacuated through the window by the fire department. A lot of people stayed in the street to watch, which I found infuriating. It's not an attraction!
It took ages to get to see a doctor in the hospital, which resulted in the first time I had the opportunity to eat something was at 18:45. Didn't even have the chance to eat breakfast. Today seemed like it was never going to end and we had to wait for hours with barely seeing anyone. My grandmother didn't even receive water or lunch. We'll know more about her situation soon but I fear the trip we had planned with her and her sister to the seaside is not going to happen :(

Blog and books

Currently reading Bloody Rose which I still haven't finished and lost interest in. Also, read my first Georgette Heyer book and now reading my second one. Not sure what the coming days/week will look like but hope to catch up on all the comments soon. I read and appreciate all of them!

Movies and TV Shows


I watched Descendants of the Sun last week, a military kdrama which I really enjoyed! Also watched two movies: Battle of the Sexes and The Shape of Water. Both were good as well.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I do hope she is alright. And I hope you feel better soon also. I enjoyed The Shape Of Water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She seems to be doing fine but it will take a long time to recover.

      Delete
  2. That is kind of rude to gawk at something like that- I agree! I hope your grandmother is okay and best wishes to her for a quick recovery!

    I've been meaning to watch The shape of Water, I was really curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's going to take time before she can walk again but the fractures are not that serious just painful.

      I recommend The Shape of Water if you are looking for a modern fairy tale beautifully brought to life.

      Delete