Sunday 20 December 2020

Sunday Post #127

                                                  


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.




Life

I've been absent for some time because I have been feeling a bit down lately. I'm starting to feel better now and I have also started reading again (which usually indicates my mood as well). 

I'm on my Christmas break! It's going to be very different this year and I miss going out with my friends and family a lot but I'm also grateful for the little things that can bring a lot of joy as well. 

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas this year!



Blog and books




I just finished Before the Coffee Gets Cold today and fell in love with the cafe and it's staff and customers. I'm very excited to get the sequel as well.

This week I also started a new audiobook: In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park, a North Korean girl's story to freedom. I'm not that far in yet but I can tell it is going to be a moving and important but difficult read.


Movies and TV Shows



I watched a couple of (Christmas) films recently. My favourite was probably The Christmas Chronicles. Do you have a favourite Christmas film?



What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back, and I'm sorry you were feeling down. It's perfectly understandable any time, but especially so now. Glad you are feeling a little better.

    I cannot wait to read Before the Coffee Gets Cold. I actually got two copies of it for my birthday in November, but I've been saving it to read in January for the Japanese Literature Challenge.

    I would say that my favorite holiday film is It's a Wonderful Life. I also love Charlie Brown Christmas. I have not seen The Christmas Chronicles. I'll look for it.

    I recommend Humans (by the author of Humans of New York) as a great book to read. It's nonfiction, and it consists of a photograph and a little bit of an interview with people the author met while traveling the world.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did! Oh, that sounds like a fun challenge, I might try it as well!

      It's a Wonderful Life is fantastic! Charlie Brown Christmas I haven't seen yet.

      The Humans sounds great! I will check it out! I hope to read more non-fiction next year anyway.

      Happy holidays!

      Delete
  2. I hope you will enjoy your holiday season and wish you peace and joy!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great break- and a merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Enjoy your break. I watched The Christmas Chronicles too! I thought it was funny. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s been a rough year, looking after your well-being should be a priority.
    My husband is on holidays from work which means I no longer have control of the TV, so we’ve been watching a lot of dash cam videos via YouTube ;)

    Wishing you a great reading and a Merry Christmas 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas Chronicles is such a great movie! Hope you're feeling better now. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Muppet Christmas Carol is probably my absolute favorite along with the George C. Scott version. And It's a Wonderful Life is probably next. Looking forward to rewatching the Christmas Chronicles and then watching the new one.

    It's been a tough year and winter is tough no matter what so big internet hugs from me and hope you enjoy some downtime this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know there was a sequel to Before the coffee gets cold - which is a book I'll be reading next year for the Japanese literature challenge. I'm interested in your review of the Korean biography, too. I was down last week also, but fortunately, once down, you can only get better ? That's what I wish you and have a great week and a merry Christmas, mwah !

    ReplyDelete