Sunday 28 February 2021

Sunday Post #136

                                                         

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

I'm sorry I didn't post anything last week, I had a break and I was hoping it would make me feel a bit better and more positive but it had just the opposite effect. This week is better though and I was able to read three books and I already feel more like myself.

Blog and books



I read three books this week, The Vanishing Half, Women and Power and After the Quake. I had a great time reading all of them. Currently also reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck, because that's definitely something I need to get better at.

Movies and TV Shows



During the last two weeks I watched three films: Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, The Devil All the Time and Manchester by the Sea. I enjoyed them all, the first one I liked best, I didn't know much about Ted Bundy but even though I knew he committed these crimes, it was still an interesting and suspenseful film.


The Devil All the Time
was a strange experience but near the end of the film I started to like it too. Have you watched it?


What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I totally understand about feelings of being off-kilter. Hope you continue to feel better about things. My Sunday Salon post this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this year has been hard because a lot of the little things I would do to get out of a slump or what not haven't been available. I took a nice long break over the holidays and that helped. See what I read at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you continue to feel better and have a good week- take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing has been normal for awhile. I actually watched tv which I never do. I've watched the first 3 episodes of The Equalizer and there should be another episode tonight.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sorry you have had a tough time recently, I hope this week is much better, and the book helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried all sorts of things to try to feel better this year. The only really effective fix for me has been to practice short times of meditation.

    I enjoyed both Vanishing Half and After the Quake. I've been reading All Creatures Great and Small and that's had a calming effect on me, too.

    If you hear of any good shows, let me know. We don't know where we are going next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad last week was better for you! I'm not watching a lot lately. Only Friends and A Koreon Odyssey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading The Vanishing Half, last month. I hope you are staying safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve fancied watching the Ted Bundy film but I wasn’t sure if I’d be scared by it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read The Vanishing Half! I've hear dis fantastic. Glad to hear you loved it and that you are in a better place this week.

    ReplyDelete