Sunday 7 February 2021

Sunday Post #134

                                                         


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.




Life

This week didn't go as I expected at all. On Monday I had an incident with a student (14 or 15 years old), she pushed me and threatened to hit me during a lesson. I never would have suspected such a violent reaction could happen in such a small and rural school but I have been proven wrong. Luckily the principal supported me and suspended the pupil for the rest of the week.

Next week  there will be a week of only online lessons and after that we have a break. I'm very much looking forward to having a week to myself, although I'm running out of ideas of things to do during lockdown.

Blog and books



I finished The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett today and enjoyed most of it. Some parts in the beginning (about Indian and their black faces) did make me a little uncomfortable at times.

I also made some progress in How to Be an Antiracist today, I hope to finish it in the coming weeks. I always read nonfiction slower than novels but I had trouble concentrating on books this week.


Movies and TV Shows



This week I watched two movies I didn't end up enjoying all that much: Murder Mystery and I'm Thinking of Ending Things. Netflix movies in particular can be very hit or miss for me.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your week to relax and read! I never have enough time to read all the things I want to read. Or do craft projects I have.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all my years of teaching I never had a student actually shove or hit me, but it came close. That must have been very upsetting. My Sunday Salon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no what an awful situation! I'm so sorry that happened!

    Netflix movies ARE hit or miss, I feel as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always taught elementary age children. I don't know what I would do if a student got violent, especially a big person. I'm glad your principal backed you up. And it's nice to look forward to a vacation soon.

    It can be difficult to read old stories. It sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm reading Main Street right now, about life in 1920s middle-America, and the people are always talking about the ignorant Scandinavian immigrants. My husband's people were Scandinavian immigrants.

    I agree; Netflix are hit or miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! What a scary interaction with a student. Glad administration backed you up. I haven't watched either of those shows. My husband and daughter and I have been watching WandaVision. I feel like I need to know more about Marvel to 'get it.' Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so scary what that student did. Yikes.

    I love that series Search Party and they recently released S4 after moving the entire series to HBO Max. Then I watched a 2014 movie by the creators, Fort Tilden. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your week at home, I'm glad the principal supported you and took action, but it must be stressfull for you anyway. We left the Parisian suburbs for the country because I wanted my daughters to have a more peaceful youth, but we had surprises there too.

    ReplyDelete