Sunday 31 January 2021

Sunday Post #133

                                                        


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.




Life

My boss evaluated one of my lessons this week and I'm so happy it went well. It stressed me out quite a bit, though. Now, there is one more week of teaching and then the schools will close for a week and only provide online lessons. After that there is a one week break which everyone will welcome.

Blog and books



I only finished one book this week, A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett but I had so much fun reading this children's classic. As this week was quite stressful, it felt good to read such a wholesome story. It was also the last book in my Puffin in Bloom collection I still had to read.

I'm currently reading The Secret Garden, also by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and once again it's the perfect book at the right time. It manages to capture my interest and relax me at the same time.

I haven't continued much in my two nonfiction books this week as I need to concentrate more on what I'm reading. Hoping to finish them in February, though.


Movies and TV Shows




I watched Se7en and Memento for the first time this week and quite enjoyed both. I love older movies, their pacing and plot always intrigue me more than more recent films. 

I also continued watching King: Eternal Monarch and Schitt's Creek. They are quite comforting to watch over several weeks. Hoping to finish the first one next week.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I'm glad your evaluation went well! That must be a load off your mind. And there's a huge debate going on here about schools and whether to stay open , go remote, etc. So much going on.

    I'm curious about Schitt's creek since I heard Emily Hampshire is in it. I thought she was great in the 12 Monkeys series.

    I love those classic book covers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a huge load off my mind. I like Emily Hampshire but have yet to watch the 12 Monkeys series, so I might check that one out!

      Delete
  2. I liked Se7en and Memento too! That classics collection is so pretty! I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news that your evaluation went well. I knew it would. It is always so nerve-wracking having someone observe you, though.

    That is an excellent collection of stories. Beautiful, too. Glad you are enjoying Secret Garden. I'd say I like Anne best.

    I wish I had something to recommend to you! We're still watching All Creatures Great and Small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's very nerve-wracking.

      Anne is also my favourite!

      I have yet to watch that one.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad the evalutation went well but I didn't doubt it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand the need to read sweet, positive books right now. I ditched over 20 books that I started in 2020 because I just didn't feel like coping with whatever mess the book brought up. Ha! My Sunday Salon post

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the evaluation went well and that the perfect books are finding you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to hear it went well and sorry it was so stressful. Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete