Saturday 2 January 2021

Stacking the Shelves: December 2020 Book Haul

  

Stacking the Shelves is a meme co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews (the image above belongs to these blogs too). Each week bloggers share the books they got.


These are the books I got in December! Some of them I got myself and others were lovely gifts!

1. The Burning God (The Poppy War #3) by R.F. Kuang


I really liked the first two books and am excited to read the final one soon!

2. Only Dull People Are Brilliant at Breakfast by Oscar Wilde



This year I read The Picture of Dorian Gray for the first time and fell in love with Oscar Wilde"s writing style. I quite enjoyed this little book as well.

3. Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke



I have yet to read this one but I have heard brilliant things about it.

4. Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake #1) by Rachel Caine 



This was a gift from my lovely Secret Santa @Spiderwebz! I'm excited to read it!

5. Jade City (The Green Bone Saga #1) by Fonda Lee


This is another book from my Secret Santa @Spiderwebz! She also got me Shaduw van de wind and Jane Eyre!

6. The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yōko Ogawa



This year I discovered that I adore Japanese fiction, so I wanted to get more Japanese books. Can't wait to read this one!

7. The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold 



This was a Christmas gift from my family! The hardcover is stunning!

8. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig 



Another Christmas present from my family! I've heard incredible things about this one!

9. Asleep by Banana Yoshimoto



A New Year's Eve present from my family! Another Japanese book to add to my collection!

10. Strange Planet (Strange Planet #1) by Nathan W. Pyle



A New Year's Eve gift from my family! I already read this one and quite enjoyed it!

11. There's No Such Thing as an Easy Job by Kikuko Tsumura



The last gift I received in 2020! Very excited to read this Japanese book!

Which books did you get recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!


If you liked this post please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I really appreciate it! 




Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 


6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read Caine's series for a while. Strange Planet sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm looking forward to finally reading it! Strange Planet was great!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!

    I read The Five a while back and absolutely loved it. I love the depth the author brought to the lives of these women, and how she found every last bit of information she possibly could on them. It has always been frustrating to me that all we know of them is what HE did to them, and her book does a marvelous job placing the attention where it truly belongs.

    Here is my post for the week. Happy reading!

    https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2021/01/stacking-shelves-127.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy new year as well!
      I'm very interested in reading The Five, I haven't heard a bad things about it!
      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
    2. I hope you love it, I will look for your review on it when you get to it!

      Delete
  3. That's quite the haul! I'd be so excited! But also a little anxious about adding to my towering TBR list lol! Happy Reading!

    http://thereadingdevil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete