Sunday 10 January 2021

Sunday Post #130

                                                     


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.




Life

I started teaching again this week after a welcome Christmas break. As always, I miss the Christmas decorations and cosy look of the house.
I got great news this week, my grandmother (90) and her sister (92) got their first shot of the Pfizer vaccine! I'm so happy they were among the first ones, it's such a relief because one of my biggest fears was contaminating them one way or another. 

Blog and books


I finished reading After Dark, such a wonderful Murakami book. I can't decide which of his books to read next. Recommendations are welcome!

I'm currently reading Stamped, a nonfiction book about racism and antiracism, it's very interesting so far. I could easily see myself using this book in one of my lessons one day.

This week I also posted my October, November and December Wrap Up and my favourite post of the year: My Top Ten Favourite Books of 2020.

As you can tell, my reading tastes have changed this year, so I would like to challenge myself to read more nonfiction (let's say 10 books), Japanese literature, classics (at least 5 books) and literary fiction.

To help with these goals I'm joining 
January in Japan on Instagram, 
The Nonfiction Reader Challenge (hosted by the wonderful Shelley from Book'd Out, I will try the option: Nonfiction Nibbler: Read 6 books, from any category), 
The Japanese Literature Challenge (hosted by Meredith at Dolce Bellezza) and 
the Beat the Backlist challenge hosted by Novelknight. 

Movies and TV Shows





I started watching Schitt's Creek this week, so far I don't really get all the Emmy nominations but I will continue watching the show.



I also watched another western with my father (it's one of his favourite genres), Rio Bravo, which was great! Stumpy is now one of my favourite movie characters of all time. Have you seen it? Other western recommendations are always welcome!



What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news that your grandmother and her sister got their vaccinations. My dad (94) is scheduled for his at the end of the month and my sister and her husband (who work in medical settings) have gotten theirs.

    I am looking forward to seeing your thoughts on your reading for this year. I am a big fan of classics, nonfiction, literary fiction, and Japanese fiction. I hope to read books that fall in each of these categories in 2021.

    My husband is a huge Western fan. I asked him for recommendations and he said to tell you his favorite is The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news about your grandmother and her sister. I hope it protects them well. I'm talking to my mom about getting it too. She's one of the vaccine- hesitant people so I have to ply her with much information. :)

    I always miss the festive atmosphere of the decorations as well.

    Rio Bravo is awesome! I love that movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sure you are relieved your grandmother and sister will be safer going forward.

    I’m delighted you are joining the Nonfiction Reader Challenge, and I am looking forward to seeing what you choose to read.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great your grandmother and her sister got their vaccines! That's always good news. Hopefully slowly but surely everything will get better in general with covid now.

    ANd yay for joining the The Nonfiction Reader Challenge. I'm also going for Nibbler! Do you have any books in mind yet?

    ReplyDelete