Sunday 3 January 2021

Sunday Post #129

                                                    


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.




Life

I wish you all a more joyful and healthy new year! I celebrated New Year's Eve with my parents, it was strange not to have my grandparents there but we did share the same menu. And let me tell you, the food was incredibly good!

Today is my final day of my Christmas break, I get back to teaching tomorrow. I have some goals I want to reach this year and I'm excited to get them going!

Blog and books


I started reading After Dark by Haruki Murakami yesterday and I'm really enjoying it! It has a brilliant playlist to listen to as well!

Movies and TV Shows



I finished the second season of His Dark Materials and it was really good! I adore the opening theme of this show!

I also watched a couple of films this week: Some Like it Hot, To Catch a Thief, The Searchers and my personal favourite, The Untouchables (also an amazing soundtrack!).



What are your favourite films? (Mine are The Untouchables and Parasite).



What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice New Years! Good food always helps. :)

    Oh my gosh I haven't seen The Untouchables in AGES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, indeed it does! :)
      You should watch it again ;)

      Delete
  2. My favourites are embarrassingly obvious.. Dirty Dancing, Mama Mia and Pride and Prejudice, I’m a romantic at heart :)

    Wishing you a great reading week, and a happy new year 🥳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those as well!
      Have a great week and happy New Year as well!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your return to teaching. I hope your goals for the year are easily and smoothly accomplished.

    I love the whimsical nature of Murakami's writing. I think I've read all of his novels.

    I've never seen Untouchables. I think I should look for it. We've just started Queen's Gambit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm going to try and read them all as well!
      Yes, you should look for it! Enjoy the Queen's Gambit!

      Delete
  4. Hope you'll have an amazing year! My favorite movies are Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and The Sound of Music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choices, love those! Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are some of my favourite films last year!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Murakami (yet) but I intend to for the Japanese literature challenge. I love Some like it hot and To catch a thief, good memories ! I read the first two Dark materials last year, loved the first , wept at the second (not as good) so I'll give the series a try. Enjoy your week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy his books as well!
      I read His Dark Materials years ago, when the film came out. Didn't remember much of the plot but am loving the show.
      Enjoy your week as well!

      Delete
  6. Best of luck to returning to teaching, these are challenging times and we apprecaite our dedicated teachers!
    I haven't seen the Untouchables so I now I need to get that one from the library. That's been the entertainment during our self isolating, movies and books.
    Surfing in from Sunday Salon :-)

    ReplyDelete