Sunday 24 January 2021

Sunday Post #132

                                                       


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.




Life

The coming week will be a stressful, as my boss will attend and evaluate one of my lessons. Even though I have been teaching for three years, this still stresses me out enormously.

It's snowing this evening, which worries me a little, I hope I won't have any trouble getting to work tomorrow. 


Blog and books



I finished a fantastic book this week, Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead. The writing was superb!  I couldn't resist getting Flights a couple of days ago, I'm very excited to read more of Olga Tokarczuk's work. 



I also finished another Japanese book, The Lonesome Bodybuilder, which was good but I'm not a huge fan of short stories.

I started How to Be an Antiracist yesterday, I'm going to take my time reading it but I'm looking forward to learning more.

I might pick up another book this evening, possibly A Little Princess, but I haven't decided yet.

Movies and TV Shows



I only watched one film this week, The Ottoman Lieutenant, which was good but nothing special.
I started a new Korean drama, The King: Eternal Monarch, and it helps keeping my off other less pleasant things.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I remember those days of having my supervisor come and observe my lessons. After many years, I told the supervisor to simply come at any time he/she wants; just don't tell me, I told him/her. That seemed to relieve my stress, and I just taught as I normally did.

    Both the books you read last week look great. I will write them both down. I hope they are both available here. I especially am interested in Drive Your Plow as I'm not a big short story reader either.

    We are making our way through Season 4 of the original All Creatures Great and Small. We love the plot and we love the characters. The animals are an added bonus.

    Do have a good and save week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would prefer that as well!
      I can't recommend Drive Your Plow enough! I hope you'll be able to get a copy.
      I haven't heard about that show before :o I will check it out!

      Have a safe week as well!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the evaluation. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get stressful. We had corporate bigwigs come in today. They stayed and looked at everything for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would freak me out lol being evaluated like that. I have a lot of respect for teachers and everything they do. :)

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you good vibes for your evaluation! I know it would stress me out immensely but you'll do great. I've been wanting to watch The Ottoman Lieutenant but I kinda forgot about it so thanks for reminding me. 🙏

    ReplyDelete