Tuesday 5 January 2021

Top Ten Favourite Books I read in 2020

As you will notice my reading tastes changed a bit this year. I discovered I love reading non-fiction books and Japanese fiction. Two genres I previously didn't read much of. I hope to read more of these in 2021 as well. In addition, I also discovered I don't dislike audiobooks and that they're perfect to read non-fiction books.


During the strange year of 2020, I found to time to read more classics as well, these have been on my list for ages and I'm so happy I finally read them and enjoyed them as much as I thought I would.

Here are the best books I read in 2020 (in order of the date I read them in)!  

1. Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata



2. Strange Weather in Tokyo by Hiromi Kawakami



3. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami



4. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde



5. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell



6. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald



7. Born A Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah



8. Educated by Tara Westover 



9. Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi



10. In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park



What were some of your favourite books last year?



As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love that edition of The Picture of Dorian Gray so much. I definitely plan on buying it to add to my Dorian Dray collection 😅

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first seven books on your list are also favorites of mine. I completely agree that Japanese fiction is fascinating, and I just reread one of Murakami’s old ones.

    Have a good year in 2021... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete