Monday 4 January 2021

October, November and December 2020 Wrap Up

I didn't read that much during the months of October and November, so I decided to combine the last three months of 2020 in one wrap up.

These are the two books I read in October:

1. Becoming by Michelle Obama 


I listened to the audiobook and loved the experience! 5 stars!

2. The Bird's Nest by Shirley Jackson


My third Shirley Jackson novel, very interesting and entertaining! I always like stories about a character with multiple personalities. 4 stars!

These are the two books I read in November:

3. Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia


Entertaining, weird and very atmospheric, 4 stars!

4. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier


4 stars, this book has been on my shelves for quite a long time. I bought it years ago in a second-hand bookshop in Gerona, Spain. I remember the place very well and hope to visit it again in a year or two.

These are the seven books I read in December (I found some new favourites!):

5. Educated by Tara Westover 


Another great biography and audiobook. I can't recommend this book enough. Read it! 5 stars!

6. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab


3 stars, (unpopular opinion: not my favourite Schwab read).

7. Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi


This was such an entertaining and interesting collection of stories set in only one place, a cafe. 5 stars!

8. Only Dull People Are Brilliant at Breakfast by Oscar Wilde


I really like Oscar Wilde, although I don't agree with every quote. 4 stars!

9. In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park


This memoir was incredibly difficult to read at times but it's such a powerful book, everyone should read it. 5 stars! As in Educated, this book also shows the importance of education.

10. Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7) by John Allison 

4 stars, I quite enjoy this series.

11. Giant Days, Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8) by John Allison

4 stars.


Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and recommendations down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I so need to read Silvia Moreno- Garcia. I keep hearing so many good things about her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get to enjoy her books soon!

      Delete
  2. Educated was my favorite book of 2020. I also loved Becoming and Rebecca. I hope you’re having a good January!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Educated was absolutely incredible! Becoming would be the next one on my list of best books of 2020.

      Delete
  3. I NEED to get to Mexican Gothic ASAP!

    ReplyDelete