Monday 20 October 2014

Delirium - Lauren Oliver


They say that the cure for love will make me happy and safe forever. And I've always believed them.

Until now.
Now everything has changed. Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years suffocated by a lie.
There was a time when love was the most important thing in the world. People would go to the end of the earth to find it. They would tell lies for it. Even kill for it.
Then, at last, they found the cure.
-- Amazon.co.uk description --


I read a lot of good reviews on this book and friends have recommended Delirium to me. Therefore I had a lot of expectations which is probably why I am a little bit disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, this isn't a bad book. 

First of all, Lauren Oliver creates an amazing and heartbreaking world. It feels very real. I also felt a special connection to main character Lena. She is described as shy and little and ordinary. That could be an exact description of me. I am freakishly little and I hate that people often think I am four years or more younger than I actually am. I’m also shy and even our names are similar!


Moving on, I felt that there wasn’t a lot of action in the book until I got near the end. There the pace picked up. I had already read a spoiler so I knew how it was going to end. Perhaps that’s another reason why I felt the book lacked action. Furthermore, I did not like Alex, Hanna and Lena's family with the exception of Grace. However, like I mentioned before, I loved Lena!

I read a lot of reviews of the second book to determine if I should read Pandemonium and most said that there was way more action in it. So I have decided to buy the other two and I will try to read them as soon as possible.

All in all I would give this book 3 stars out of 5.


If you don’t agree with me feel free to write your own opinion in the comment section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment