Tuesday 14 October 2014

Under the Never Sky Trilogy - Veronica Rossi

WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.
DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be the only person who can keep her alive.
And if they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

-- Amazon.co.uk description --



So this is a young adult trilogy and originally why I started this blog. I have to read so much for uni that I hardly have time left to read books of my choice. But now I have finally finished this trilogy. And I have a lot to say about it. 

The beginning of the first book, Under the Never Sky, was actually quite boring. I could not get through it, but near the end it got better, so I decided to read the other two as well. Through the Ever Night, the second of the series was way better, I could not finish it fast enough. It contains a lot of romance and suspense and some plot twists I did not expect at all. Wow. After that I tore through the third book and absolutely loved it! Into the Still Blue is even better than the second one. While I was bored and had to practically force myself to read the first book, I couldn't sleep until I finished the third one. So do not make up your mind about the trilogy after reading the first book, because the other two are so much better. In the first book, it takes a while to explain the setting where story takes place. That is probably why it did not excite me that much. However near the end it picked up the pace. 


I would give Under the Never Sky 3 out of 5 stars, Through the Ever Night and Into the Still Blue are both worth 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment