Tuesday 3 July 2018

June Wrap Up

May was a terrible reading month but June was a lot better! 


1. Sweet Tooth, Volume 1: Out of the Deep Woods by Jeff Lemire


I really enjoyed this although I wish it had been longer. I'm definitely continuing the series! 4 stars.

2. You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes 


I've heard nothing but great things about this book which is why I was so disappointed when I did not like this as much as I hoped I would. 

First of all, I need to mention that this is not a genre I often read and that I was in a reading slump. However, I often felt bored and disliked all the characters. At times the only likeable character was Joe, which was disturbing to be honest. I can't say I recommend this one. 2,5 - 3 stars.

3. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas Adams


It took me some time to get into this book, the beginning is definitely slow but I liked the second part of the book a lot better. Again, I was in a reading slump but I somehow expected a lot more from this beloved story. 3 stars.

4. Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli 


This is the book that got me out of the reading slump. I still like Simon's story best but this was a really fun read! 4 stars!

5. LIFEL1K3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff 


As I consider Jay Kristoff as one of my favourite authors of the moment I felt let down by LIFEL1K3. I did not care for the main characters (my favourite character being Cricket) and I was bored through the first half of the book. The last hundred pages were a lot better and made me excited to pick up the sequel but all in all, I'm a little disappointed with this one. 3 stars.

6. Sheets by Brenna Thummler


I enjoyed this one! Check out my review here.

7. A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas


Not much happened in this one, I'm excited for the next book, though! 3 stars.

8. Heartstone (Heartstone, #1) by Elle Katharine White 


A Pride and Prejudice retelling with dragons? Of course I enjoyed it! 3 stars.



What did you read recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful week everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Seeing The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reminds me I need to really read all the books. I've only read the first 2 but the last one is written by Eoin Colfer, which is the only reason why I need to make it through them. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe I should pick up a Colfer book some day :)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't get into Hitchhiker at all and DNFed it quite early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forced myself to continue and I definitely enjoyed the second half more.

      Delete
  3. I’m glad you had a good reading month. I need to read Hitchhiker’s Guide and Leah. I’ve seen mixed reviews of both of them, so I’ve been putting them off. Happy July!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same about You while listening to the beginning of the audiobook. I was going to give it another go with the print version because of the hype. Happy July reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I will like the series better.

      Delete
  5. sorry it took me so long to stop by! RL has been brutal lately! I'm so bumped that LifeLik3 is not getting good reviews! I have the ARC and was s looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I takes me ages to comment back as well! I'm sad about LifeLik3 too.

      Delete