Tuesday 18 December 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Winter 2018/2019 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme  which was previously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader GirlEach week bloggers post their top ten on a previously suggested topic. This week's topic is Ten Books on my winter TBR.

Since I don't have that much time to read in combination with my teaching job, I fear I will not be able to read all of these but I will be happy to have read half of them.

1. The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy #1) by Katherine Arden


I've heard nothing but great things and I'm so excited to read this one!

2. The Mad Ship (Liveship Traders #2) by Robin Hobb


I haven't read any Robin Hobb yet this year and I hoping I can still read it before the end of 2018. Not too optimistic, though.

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 


Another book I hope to read before the end of the year. We'll see how it goes.

4. Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1) by Mark Lawrence


Very excited to read this!

5. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #2) by Laini Taylor 


Loved Strange the Dreamer, so I both happy and nervous to read the sequel.

6. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë


7. Bloody Rose (The Band #2) by Nicholas Eames


Kings of the Wyld was one of my favourite fantasy books this year.

8. All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries #1) by Martha Wells


I might not be able to wait until winter to read this :)

9. Lethal White (Cormoran Strike #4) by Robert Galbraith


10. A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer


I have an e-arc of this book but I just have too much trouble reading a pdf-file, so I'll purchase the book when it's released and I will read and review it then.

What are you planning to read this winter? 

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 


If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!

12 comments:

  1. 'the book thief' is great, I read that one quickly. 'jane eyre' is great too, although now I actually prefer the other bronte book - 'agnes grey' - more these days.

    #1 is on my tbr list as well. trying to read #8 quite slowly & it's a mini series, I just wish they have printed all of it in one volume. #10 seems to be on a lot of list today, it's on my too, I'm always up for a beauty and the beast retelling.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read all Bronte books except for Wuthering Heights, but I'm really excited to read them all!

      Have a lovely day as well!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Muse of Nightmares as well but I don't know when I'll actually get around to it, I have so many books I plan on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love Murderbot- I hope you like All systems Red. I want to read Red Sister too. And I hope you like Mad ship as well when you get to it- I didn't care for the Liveship traders books as much as I did the Fitz and Fool books, but a lot of people love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved All Systems Red! Can't wait to continue the series! I'm incredibly intimidated by the length of all Robin Hobb books, luckily her endings make up for the slower parts.

      Delete
  4. I read The Book Thief years ago and liked it. I don't know how I'd get on rereading it now as my tastes have changed a lot since then. I did love Murderbot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit nervous about being too old to truly enjoy The Book Thief but I loved All Systems Red (I couldn't resist and already started and finished it, totally worth it!)

      Delete
  5. #1 is on my reading list, & like you I have heard tons of good things about this and the rest of the series. love #3, it was a quick read for me. I read #6 a long while ago but I still find it a good read.

    #8 - I have started on this but I just don't get why they don't print the whole series in one volume, it's very short, like novellas

    didn't read #2, 4, 5, 7, 9,

    #10 - it seems to be on a lot of people's list, mine too, since it's a retelling of 'beauty & the beast', otherwise, I wouldn't even care

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading A Curse So Dark and Lonely because it's a Beauty and the Beast retelling as well! I can never resist that type of story!

      Delete
  6. I need to read more Mark Lawrence soon. Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete