Wednesday 19 December 2018

Magical Readathon: Christmas at Hogwarts TBR

This weekend I decided to participate in the Magical Readathon: Christmas at Hogwarts hosted by the incredible Book Roast. I didn't have the time to blog about this yet, but I have already finished two challenges! You can find more info about the readathon here.
The readathon started on Monday and finished on the 26th of December.

Book Roast made a map of challenges you need to follow:





1. Finish your coursework




Finish your current read: I already completed this challenge as I finished reading The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy on Monday. I enjoyed but I don't think it's as good as the first book.





2. Have a snowball fight with the Weasley twins 



A book you think will be humorous: All Systems Red by Martha Wells, the first Murderbot novella. I loved this! I'm excited to read more!



3. Visit 3 Broomsticks for muller pixie wine 



A read that should only take you a day/evening: Either Giant Days volume 5 or Artificial Condition the sequel to All Systems Red.



4. Sneak into the kitchen to gift Dobby odd socks



Read that has an item of clothing on the cover: The Book Thief. This was on my official 2018 TBR and I still haven't read it, so I'm going to try and read it now!



5. Bring a festive treat to Hedwig at the Owlery



Animal on the cover/title/series name: I will attempt to read The Mad Ship by Robin Hobb because this was the last book on my 2018 and I want to at least make an attempt to read this.



This does not have an animal on the cover but another edition does. I planned to read this for a different challenge but I couldn't resist starting All Systems Red yesterday evening and didn't have the time to finish it in one day.
I will never be able to finish this book in time but that's okay.


Are you participating in this readathon? What are you planning to read in December?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the readathon!! I love the Murderbot novellas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looked like such fun! I have seen so many peope talking about it. I'm so wrapped up trying to get the last books I need for the Better World Books challenge that I couldn't participate. 😢

    I want to read the Murder Bot books! I think Hoopla has them. I haven't read any Robin Hobb yet, but I am going to be reading Dragon Keeper for my January dragon theme. 🐲

    Have fun! 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Better World Books challenge sounds interesting, I'll check it out! All Systems Red was great! Highly recommend it! I'm reading all the Robin Hobb books in the order the were published to avoid spoilers.

      Delete