Monday 17 December 2018

Sunday Post #43


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 


Life

Not much to report this week, except for having to correct a ton of exams.
Tomorrow, I still have to teach my Spanish evening class and I have decided to make it Christmas themed. We'll have a small party as well. 

My grandmother hasn't been doing well and sometimes thinks we are plotting against her. Only my brother and I can calm her, which is difficult for her sister who lives with her and my father. It's also quite scary to see her so angry and hearing her say impossible things about being kidnapped or not being told they moved (which they didn't). We are never able to talk her out of it but she does calm down if my brother and I help out. This has only started last week and quite suddenly which makes it difficult to deal with.


Blog and books



Didn't have much time this week but I did read quite a bit in The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy. I hope my slump is over, but I don't want to be too optimistic.

Movies and TV Shows


I finished My Love From the Star and really enjoyed it! Not sure what to watch next, though.


What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no sorry to hear that about your grandmother. My grandfather did the same thing, he started to suspect family members as he got more into dementia- it was really hard on the family members. Sending well wishes your way for your family!

    I've only been watching Travelers on Netflix but it's been fun. Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg! It is difficult to witness and my great-aunt is exhausted all the time because of it.

      Have a nice week as well!

      Delete
  2. I hope your week improves and you get to relax and read a bit. I can't recommend much watching because I don't do much. I mostly read and many genres which I could recommend for the rest of the week but can do better if I know more of your favorite genres. OK I read some stuff on your blog. My favorite is urban fantasy but I love romantic suspense, mystery/suspense, scifi and fantasy as well. Lately, I have been enjoying the Beginner's Guide to Necromancy by Hailey Edwards (UF), the Murderbot Diaries series by Martha Wells (scifi), Everyday Heroes (Bradfords) series by Erin Nicholas (romance). My blog is doing a 2019 Read-along of the Alex Verus series by Benedict Jacka (UF, one book a month). We did Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews in 2018. In 2020 it will be the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Yes UF is my favorite. Have your read EJ Stevens? She has a series with a setting in Belgium. I haven't read it all yet. So I've babbled long enough and mostly only UF. Have a good week. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Ilona Andrews and the Mercy Thompson series! I really need to continue reading both! I have just finished All Systems Red and it's fantastic! Can't wait to continue reading the series! I will check out the other books you recommended, especially the one set in Belgium!

      Delete