Sunday 31 May 2020

Sunday Post #110


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.

Life

As you might know, I'm a teacher. Schools are slowly opening again but so far not the years I'm teaching. Using videoconferences to teach starts to feel normal but I do miss teaching the regular way. Also, it's often annoying to find out someone else has been listening to the classes I teach as they just sit out of view of the webcam of a family member. Not knowing exactly who your audience is, is not that fun.

Blog and books


I finished a book today! I read and enjoyed my first Murakami book: Men Without Women. I definitely would like to read more of his work. Do you have any recommendations?

Movies and TV Shows



I finished It's Okay, That's Love and it was truly great. One of the best Korean dramas in my opinion. I'm currently watching Kill Me Heal Me, which I'm liking as well!

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I devoured Sweet Magnolias and finally watched John Wick 3. Not much else happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched these yet, I will add them to my list!

      Delete
  2. I'm a retired teacher, and I've been listening to all my teacher friends try to teach online for the past few months. They are exhausted and frustrated. It's a mess. I send prayers and good thoughts to you to make it through all of this.

    That is one Murakami book I haven't read yet! I need to look for it.

    We've been watching old Seinfeld shows. Comedy is about all I can take right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I haven't watched Seinfeld yet, but I've heard such great things about it! I really want to watch one day as well!

      Delete
  3. My dad grew up in a one room school so he heard all the grades. He could have skipped 2 grades except spelling. Poor spelling runs in that side of the family. Luckily I didn't get that gene, but my daughter has it.

    Stay safe and be well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to watch Okay That's Love. Sounds like I'd enjoy it. Happy Sunday.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 15 yo brother starts school again next week. Only 2 or 3 days in the afternoons. Really wonder how it's gonna be for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seinfeld is a top favorite for me. I just finished watching Defending Jacob on Apple TV+. I thought it was great but then the last episode was kind of a let down. I expected more I guess. Tried to watch S2 of Dead to Me because S1 was so good, but I couldn't get into it and gave up after E3 or E4. I don't even know. Maybe the problem is ME and not the shows?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be a little disconcerting having others listen in on lessons, especially if you don't know who is! I think teaching over video would have its own challenges as opposed to in person learning.

    I've never read Murakami...

    I'm watching Poldark and The 100 at the moment. Thinking of trying Midomer Murders as I've heard good things...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our schools have been back in the classrooms for a week, so far so good I guess.
    I don’t enjoy reading Murakami but I did like watching Norwegian Wood.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete