Sunday 3 May 2020

Sunday Post #106


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.


Life

Teaching with a webcam has become a little bit more normal but I still prefer it otherwise. After every session I get a huge headache, which is definitely annoying.
This week I was told that the Spanish classes I teach to adults will continue this way until the end of the schoolyear (which is in June). While I'm glad I know what will happen in the future, I am also sad I can't end the schoolyear on better terms.

On the other hand, I'm still not sure how I will have to teach my classes in secondary school, although it seems unlikely I will have to teach them in person again. I'm starting to get a little anxious for next year. I don't have any prospects yet and I haven't been able to prove my capabilities in my new school.

Blog and books


I haven't had to the time or energy to read or blog much the last couple of weeks. I did end up buying and playing a videogame, Stardew Valley. I have been playing it a lot recently, it relaxes me and does help clear my mind a bit.

Movies and TV Shows


I finished watching Peaky Blinders and I have started watching Bring it on, Ghost, again.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. It's a constant adjustment these days. I'd like to watch Peaky Binders. It has Tommy Flanagan and I've met him several times.

    Take care, be kind and sensible!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the job stress. Online teaching can’t be easy. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine the online learning would be such a huge adjustment! And I totally get how using a webcam could cause a headache. I don't think I'd like it either...

    I've been finding video games to be a good source of relaxation as well.

    Hope your week ahead is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine how crazy it must be to do online teaching. I see those I taught with who are working harder than they have ever worked right now trying to teach from home. I hope that your future work goals are met soon.

    We've been lost in mindless The Good Place. It seems to be a great escape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because our school year runs Jan to Dec, term 2 (of 4) has just begun here. My highschool children are still learning online right now -they log in to each class via Google Classroom according to their timetable during the day where the teacher has posted their daily lesson and are available for online chat through the period - but from next week they will be required to physically attend school as well. My boys (in years 9 & 10) will go one day a week, but my daughter who is in her final year will go three times a week. How long that will last will depend on if there is an increase in virus cases or not, but our government is eager for school’s to operate normally again.

    Hubby and I are currently watching the Lethal Weapon tv series. I haven’t settled on anything yet, right now I’m watching Traitors on Netflix

    Wishing you a great reading week and good health

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just reminded me that a course I'm following is starting wednesday. It's also gonna be online so it'll be interesting to see how that'll go.

    ReplyDelete