Wednesday 21 October 2020

August and September 2020 Wrap Up

I forgot to post my August wrap up last month so now you get both August and September.

I'm quite happy with the selection of books I read these last two months.

These are the three books I read in August:

1. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell


This book is amazing! I can't recommend it enough. It's a gem everyone needs to read. 5 stars!

2. Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 by Cho Nam-Joo


Another great read. This book tells us what some women need to give in order to have a family. It's an interesting and thought-provoking read. 5 stars!

3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald



Another fantastic classic. I completely fell in love with Fitzgerald's writing style. I hope this is the start of a great love story between me and his other books. 5 stars!

These are the three books I read in September:

4. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry




This was a reread for me and I really enjoyed it. Also, I adore this edition. 5 stars!

5. Born A Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah


This was my  first audiobook and it was an incredible experience. While I do think I grasp more of the story when I actually read it with my eyeballs, I did think Trevor Noah's narration was a more important plus for me. 5 stars!

6. I Had That Same Dream Again: The Complete Manga Collection by Yoru Sumino



This was a wonderful manga all about the meaning of happiness. I wanted to read this because I loved I Want to Eat Your Pancreas and while I still love that one more, I recommend this one as well! 4 stars!

Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and recommendations down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Born A Crime is one of my favorite memoirs. I’m glad you had good reading months!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nineteen Eighty Four is one of my favourite books, reading it turned me in to a massive dystopian fan.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete