Saturday 17 October 2020

Stacking the Shelves: August Book Haul

  

Stacking the Shelves is a meme co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews (the image above belongs to these blogs too). Each week bloggers share the books they got.

These are the books I got in August. A bit late, but here it is anyway:

1. 
The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson



I have read and loved We Have Always Lived in the Castle and The Haunting of Hill House. I really want to get into more Shirley Jackson soon. Do you have any recommendations?

2. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



I read this book for the first time when I was ten years old, I believe. I felt it was time to get a stunning edition of this wonderful book.

3. Pelea de gallos by María Fernanda Ampuero



I heard great things about this book and I wanted to try it in Spanish. Not sure when I find the time to do so, though.

4. I Have More Souls Than One by Fernando Pessoa



I haven't read anything by Pessoa before and thought this might be a good place to start. 

Which books did you recently get? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!


If you liked this post please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I really appreciate it! 




Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 




4 comments:

  1. What edition of The Little Prince is that again? It's so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Chiltern's classics edition :) It's incredibly cute!:D

      Delete
  2. If you ever get the chance, watch the movie version of The Little Prince. It is so weird and wonderful! It has Bob Fosse slithering around as the Snake, and Gene Wilder tragically adorable as the Fox. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't seen that one yet, but now I really want to! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete