Sunday 11 October 2020

Sunday Post #122

                                              


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life


The last couple of weeks have been a bit busy, which is why I often lacked the time to blog. Your lovely comments did cheer me up, though!
Three more weeks and then I will have a break. The Corona numbers are increasing to a dangerous level and it's not always that fun to teach large groups anymore. Especially when some students still fail to see the necessity of wearing a mask, not hugging or drinking from the same bottle of water.

Blog and books



I'm still reading Becoming by Michelle Obama but I hope to finish the audiobook this week. I've read about 80%, and I liked what I read so far. I have yet to continue The King of Crows but I will do so when I have a bit more time. I also started The Bird's Nest by Shirley Jackson yesterday and I'm very intrigued by what I have read so far. I just might be a new favourite.

Movies and TV Shows



I watched Tenet yesterday and really enjoyed it! Christopher Nolan is one of my favourite directors, along with Tim Burton. Do you have any favourites?

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no I hope the corona numbers don't get worse, or at least taper off. I imagine it is a challenge especially when kids don't follow the rules. Stay safe! I hopew you have a great break when it arrives!

    I need to see Tenet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is also quite busy on my side and I also don't get to blogging as much as I would like to. Teachers.... our lives are not easy!

    I don't know Libba Bray at all, but it seems I need to have a look. At Tenet as well. What a striking poster.

    Hope your week will be good and hopefully you will have a bit more time for blogging.

    Here's my The Sunday Post #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear Europe is undergoing a second round of cases. We've never stopped here in America. I don't go anywhere without a mask, and I always socially distance. But others? No. (For example, the president?!) It's very frustrating.

    I know you will enjoy your time off. I hope you get a chance to rest and relax.

    I will look for Tenet. I'm on the lookout for a good new show. Right now, I really appreciate a good comedy.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read the Diviners series for awhile now. I really like Libba Bray. I have yet to see Tenet but I do enjoy Nolan's movies. Always weird and fascinating both story and visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly I think the COVID numbers are on the rise here too and will only get worse as the weather gets colder and more people are inside together. We just do almost everything from home. Too many people don't practice good habits.

    Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post


    ReplyDelete
  6. Covid seems to be on the rise everywhere... It makes for pretty grim media at the moment (not to mention life!) I guess all we can do is try our best to keep safe and sane!

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, this virus is making an impact everywhere. It's hard for the young ones to realize the seriousness of it when most get it so mildly. I watched Emily in Paris this weekend and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that work has been stressful. Hopefully the weeks go quickly! I read Becoming earlier this year and thought it was really interesting. I hope you have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete