Sunday 25 October 2020

Sunday Post #124

                                               


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.




Life


Yesterday, I got the news that I once again have a low risk of getting covid-19 because another one of pupils has tested positive. I still have to go to work and teach but I'm no longer allowed to see anyone except for my family at home and I have to stay inside as much as possible. It's annoying and it's something that might happen for the rest of the schoolyear. To be honest, I'm also a little bit worried I'm might get ill and spread it through my family as well. 

Blog and books



I'm currently reading The Bird's Nest by Shirley Jackson and truly enjoying it. Her writing style is always so atmospheric, it's perfect to read in October. I'm also still listening to the audiobook of Educated, it's very interesting so far. I you have other non-fiction audiobook recommendations, please let me know!


Movies and TV Shows


I didn't watch that much this week, except for a Flemish quiz, De Slimste Mens, and some talk shows about the covid-19 situation here.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I want to read Shirley Jackson, I'll make it some day ! I have We have always lived in the castle and The haunting of Hill house on my shelves, but there are so many books to read, such tempting books. Fortunately, while we read, Covid doesn't exist. Stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever heard of Bird's Nest by Shirley Jackson. I will be interested in hearing what you think about it.

    I'm sorry that you have been exposed to Covid. That is very frustrating. I hope you are able to stay well.

    I'm a big fan of nonfiction, especially narrative nonfiction. Are you planning to participate in Nonfiction November? I have a list here of some of my favorite nonfiction books, if you'd like to take a look: https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/08/books-id-give-to-readers-who-have-never.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've finally read The Haunting of Hill House last week! Still need to get to Bird's Nest, but that will not be this year. One Shirley Jackson per year is enough for my taste.

    Keep safe, even though it might be a bit frustrating...!

    Have a good week and here's my The Sunday Post #16

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry to hear you may have been exposed, I hope all is ok, keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished BORN A CRIME by Trevor Noah about his young life growing up in South Africa. He reads the audiobook. It is very good. My Sunday Salon post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Covid is made even more difficult by a bunch of inconsistent rules and a bunch of people who don't follow what rules there are. I hope you stay well.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you don't catch it- stay safe! That must be really hard to have to isolate like that. I'm surprised that they have you working if you've been exposed.

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. De Slimste Mens en Blokken is het enige wat ik tegenwoordig kijk op tv (en het nieuws natuurlijk) :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Shirley Jackson. I've read We Have Always Lived in the Castle and The Haunting of Hill House. I need to read more of her stuff, though.

    I'm so sorry about quarantining. I hope you don't get it! Stay safe this week.

    I've been watching the Great British Baking Show and Food Network's Halloween Bake Off. They are keeping me sane.

    ReplyDelete